Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres Questions

XTR 55

When buying new tyres how critical is tread pattern and depth on a 4wd Rav? Asking because I was only going to replace 3 of the road tyres with the same make etc and use the spare as the 4th. Currently the spare is brand new. The better of the 4 removed was going to be the new spare.

In the event of a puncture if I used the worn spare in its place would or could this affect handling etc and could this cause any damage to 4wd system?

I would say what you plan to do is most sensible  :thumbsup:

What I would probably do in your place is exactly the same and if I had to use the spare, get the puncture fixed and that tyre back on the car as soon as is reasonable.

I should think that the differential would deal with any amount of wear, without any problems, in the original tyre.

If the spare is legal,and you are not trying beat Bothy`s 1/4 mile time,then you should be fine.

Just my tuppence worth. Maybe others will disagree and show me the error of my ways.

I agree with Crofter. I think the systems will deal with opposite extremes of wear.

Thanks for replies. Having only had one puncture in my driving career, and that was off roading, I figured it was a good idea.

Having said that I've probably tempted fate now.........crybaby.giflol