Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Coolant

grabavozas

Hi,

does anyone know, how to drain as much as possible coolant on Aygo 1kr-fe? Tried removing hose from the bottom of the radiator, but maximum one liter was drained. Thanks.

Hi,

does anyone know, how to drain as much as possible coolant on Aygo 1kr-fe? Tried removing hose from the bottom of the radiator, but maximum one liter was drained. Thanks.

When i replaced my water pump i also undo the bottom hose to the radiator, this is the only drain, i had the advantage that the pump was the low part of the cooling system , so most was drained out, if you turn the heater control in the car to red this will open the valve to the heater , also remove the radiator cap, and last trick maybe jack the car up on the drivers side to let more coolant out of the lower radiator pipe.

• 10 years later...

sorry, I know it has been ages since the last post but just to fill the blanks in,. there is a coolant drain plug fitted into the engine block just under the water pump that allows you to drain the remaining coolant. The tightening torque for this is 20NM A new copper washer if you want to replace the old is p/n 90430-12025.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1