Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Elm327

d_midge

Hiya Everyone

I've just signed up, so i'm new to this.

I have a problem thats why i signed up:-). I have an ELM327 usb interface that i got from eBay. I'm having problems getting my PC to see it, i'm running Vista and i'm sure i need drivers for it. The ELM327 came with a disc but i can't find how to load the drivers. It comes with ScanTools but no instructions at all. Please can someone help, its making me go mad?

Cheers

David

Hiya Everyone

I've just signed up, so i'm new to this.

I have a problem thats why i signed up:-). I have an ELM327 usb interface that i got from ebay. I'm having problems getting my PC to see it, i'm running Vista and i'm sure i need drivers for it. The ELM327 came with a disc but i can't find how to load the drivers. It comes with ScanTools but no instructions at all. Please can someone help, its making me go mad?

Cheers

David

David

The hardware is good, cheap and it works, but the software is a nightmare...

No instructions and damned near impossible to set up.

Having said that it does work when you eventually get it sorted.

Instructions...

Copy the software to a folder on your desktop (windows) then plug in the USB and load the drivers from USB Driver\WHQL Certified Driver.

You will need to do this twice because it needs 2 drivers. (YOU WILL BE PROMPTED BY WINDOWS TO DO THIS)

Then you are ready to load the software (All Of It) all of it because it does not all work.

Now plug the OBD connector into the car and turn on the ignition.

Finally try out the programs (All Of Them).

If you get the error/message interface not found/not connected it's a probably a COM port connection problem.

You have to try out every single port until you find the one the interface is sitting on. (YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY SET THE PORT NUMBER AND BAUD RATE TO GET A CONNECTION)

I hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links