Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq To Be Updated?

JohnHants

Hi,

I placed an order for a black IQ3 with auto & sat nav end of March with a main dealer in the SE. I ordered by phone as I was working in the US at the time and paid £500 deposit.

I was told my IQ should be available mid May which was fair enough.Chasing the salesguy up last week he now says delivery will be end of July. When I asked if he was serious he said it was down to Toyota and that the delay is due to a model update. He couldn't tell me what the update might be as Toyota apparently wouldn't say. Obviously it's not seat height adjustment as that's been available a few weeks now. I can only assume it's to do with an upgrade to the interior? I seem to recall reading on the web sometime ago that Toyota were looking to roll out an improved interior.

Has anyone heard of an update being due -or did the salesguy just mess up my order? I've never seen any paperwork even though I asked a couple of times. I'm obviously not happy waiting 4 months when others still seem to be getting their cars delivered. Guess I could always reject the car if it turns up without any sign of being an updated model -after all I've signed nothing, but I've really been looking forward to owning an IQ. Please tell me it's worth the wait........

Cheers, John

John, I guess that getting a new car of any kind is worth the wait. The iQ is no exception so you will enjoy it all the more if and when you get. As for salesman well I reckon that's quite typical of the breed. We've ordered a new Polo from the local VW garage. We've waited three months and should have got it in mid-May. We were told it had been through it's QA process and was on its way to the UK from Germany. Last week, the lying sh1thead then tells us it's on the ship from South Africa (where the 5-door models are made) to Germany. So, from where I sit the car cannot be in two places at the same time which proves he lied to us. Now it looks like we'll get it mid-June. So, don't be put off by the sales talk.

Of the two cars, we found Toyota to be far more honest than VW and that leads me to think that Mr. T has a culture of providing good service but there will of course be exceptions. They might also give you the excuse that the car scrappage scheme that recently came to an end affected new car sales. Then again the lying !Removed! at VW would say anything to encourage you to buy a car. If I could turn the clock back three months I'd have opted for a second iQ, something I can never say I've ever felt about any VW I've owned. Hang in there for the iQ. You will not be disappointed.

I have not heard the iQ will be updated any time soon, apart from the already announced MY10 updates

You have not signed anything? but have paid £500? To be fair to do not have a contract with your dealer yet, please don't expect you can change your mind when the car arrives, it does not work like that

What you need to do is to go in and see your dealer sales manager. SIGN a contract with the specification of the car you are ordering, don't expect a car to arrive with some new spec and then reject the car, you will be on a very sticky wicket as you will be relying on who said what and when. The fact you handed over money could be seen as you agreeing a contract but for what?

Kingo :thumbsup:

I havent heard of any IQ update so far. Usually I will get paperwork or at least some digital confirmation. I have had really bad experience myself and my lesson taught me that a company can't be trust without paperwork regardless of their size.

Hmm It took 3 months to get our IQ3 Auto with a couple of option packs. Seems your guy may have been a little forgetful !!

Worth getting ??

It was more my wifes choice than mine, Our "little" car before was an Agila, great 4 up. Surprising amount of space in the back with seats down, bomb proof and cheap to run.

HOWEVER !

I am starting to like this little car, driving its a hoot ! Rather like my first Mini >> Cooper (shows my age, amazine wot BMC did with 848cc in its day ) !!) Being auto, I would imagine the 6 speed mannual, could be very drivable, The Auto, with a the use of the S setting in Auto, does surprise a few unwary drivers !!

Purple and proud, it has been named "BUG"

Rgds

You can have mine if you cant wait till july, i hate it (all because of the fuel/mpg), its the most fuel hungry car ive ever owned and its a 1ltr?

Seat height adjusters? Tell me more.

White and proud!! oops, are we allowed to say that these days??

You can have mine if you cant wait till july, i hate it (all because of the fuel/mpg), its the most fuel hungry car ive ever owned and its a 1ltr?

You can't be serious in getting bad mpg rite?

Whats your figure?

i hate it (all because of the fuel/mpg), its the most fuel hungry car ive ever owned and its a 1ltr?

I have pictures showing the 2010 model's height adjuster for the driver. Also, what mpg are you getting and what previous cars have you had? Even when I've floored it (as much as you can for a 1ltr anyway) I get 50-51mpg.

Probably the first car ever also? :eek:

Probably the first car ever also? :eek:

Car that I've driven for more than 3 months:

Toyota Camry 3000CC v6

Toyota Prado 3400CC

Mercedes A190

Mercedes 500SL

Mercedes SLK230

Honda Accord 2200CC

Mitsubitsu Lancer 1800CC

Mitsubitsu Limbus 2000CC

VW Polo MK4 1400CC

IQ is by far the car with the best fuel efficiency :)

Looking at other european Toyota sites they are offering a "Collection" version of the iQ with interior details in 'cream' and 'gold'. This includes other variants of the leather colours than plum as well. Could this be what it coming to the UK?

If not why are Toyota GB not selling them here?

http://www.toyota.se/cars/new_cars/iq/iq_collection.aspx

Note how the centre console seems black rather than plum.

Looking at other european Toyota sites they are offering a "Collection" version of the iQ with interior details in 'cream' and 'gold'. This includes other variants of the leather colours than plum as well. Could this be what it coming to the UK?

If not why are Toyota GB not selling them here?

http://www.toyota.se/cars/new_cars/iq/iq_collection.aspx

Note how the centre console seems black rather than plum.

'The collection' is nothing more than just some new colour for Europe (Those colour has been selling in Japan since forever) and some new colour for the interior part.

OK - I suspected this.

Shame it's not available here in the UK - we're in Europe too. I would love to have an alternative to the Kobe plum leather seats.

Let's see if anything new comes along then.

OK - I suspected this.

Shame it's not available here in the UK - we're in Europe too. I would love to have an alternative to the Kobe plum leather seats.

Let's see if anything new comes along then.

You are lucky enough compare to where I live and the rest of the world where Mr.T is not selling IQ here... We have to import ourselves if we want one :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links