Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Pollen Filter Change.

Uncle Bob

The pollen filter on the AYGO is an easy job to do and requires no tools, up under the dash on the passenger side is a white plastic panel, this is the end of the pollen filter, squeeze the ears on the white housing and pull out..

IMG_1770.jpg

The pollen filter is a flexible housing and will bend as you pull it out, this was what i found, one very dirty filter ( on the left )...

IMG_1771.jpg

Filter cost is around £10, i bought mine as part of a service kit from Parts-King.

A clean pollen filter should help the heater fan from working overtime to get air into the car, so £10.00 well spent :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yup, nice write up :)

Cheers guys, it took me longer to do the writeup and and add the photo's than change the filter :) but if it helps other its worth the trouble :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for this. My Aygo with air con is having its 5th service shortly and this doesn't include the pollen filter so I was going to do it myself.

Does anyone know what the official Toyota UK price is for an Aygo pollen filter? Based on my previous experience, parts from Citroen and Peugeot are cheaper. The pollen filter from Citroen is £19.29.

The one you've mentioned was £10 - how would I order from Parts-King?

Also where would I be best to get hold of the Comma air con sanitiser spray from?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Thanks a lot for this. My Aygo with air con is having its 5th service shortly and this doesn't include the pollen filter so I was going to do it myself.

Does anyone know what the official Toyota UK price is for an Aygo pollen filter? Based on my previous experience, parts from Citroen and Peugeot are cheaper. The pollen filter from Citroen is £19.29.

Also where would I be best to get hold of the Comma air con sanitiser spray from?

Parts-King is the clubs superstar for genuine parts.....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=120

The filter was £10.34 +vat but i also bought a full service kit so the postage cost will differ.

Halford sell the comma air/con cleaner for £11.73, you may find it on eBay but it will be plus postage.

Parts-King is the clubs superstar for genuine parts.....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=120

The filter was £10.34 +vat but i also bought a full service kit so the postage cost will differ.

Halford sell the comma air/con cleaner for £11.73, you may find it on eBay but it will be plus postage.

I normally get anything from eBay but

coming home from buying my filter, I passed

Halfords and bought the sanitizer there.

After changing the filter, ......

It has instructions but what you do is......

Air-con on, fan on full, recirc. on.

get ready......big breath, hold breath....set off the can and

place in left footwell with nozzle pointing towards where your right

foot is normally placed.

Leave car, close door, start breathing again.

Give it 5 minutes, occasionally holding breath, giving can a shake

and putting it back.

When it's empty, job done. leave car to settle for a bit then

drive with windows down for a couple of miles.

Did mine about 5 weeks ago.

Still not smelling stale.

Ian.

Thanks again - the guide made fitting so simple!

Bought an official Toyota pollen filter for £11.99 (from Ebay) delivered and fitted it in 2 minutes! The old one was awful, full of small leaves, other debris and really black.

This process really ought to be summarised in the Aygo user handbook as its even easier than fitting new Wiper Blades.

It would be extremely interesting to know how much Mr T would charge to fit a new pollen filter given how quickly it can be done?

Regards

I was told that you'd need to blow in the sanitizer trough the opening where the filter normally sits.

So the stuff actually gets into the evaporator end doesn't get caught by the filter...

Or maybe I've gotten another kind of can...

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have recieved a letter from toyota about their air conditioning service which will cost me £49.95. It states for that price the service involves a refrigeration gas top up, an anti-bacterial check, a full leak and system check, the pollen filter cleaned and the system treated with a dual action cleaning and sanitising agent

So when I phoned them up to arrange a time for it to be done, I asked if it will only be £49.95 that I pay. However they said, "well when we check the pollen filter and think it needs changing it will cost you a further £30". But I will be asked first before they carried it out, whether I want it doing or not!

They are obviously taking the pee with charging £30 for changing the pollen filter. But it confuses me with what they state is included in the service. Anyway I am going to take this letter with me on the day its being serviced and see what they say.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Noticed the post about pollen filter, is it only on Aygo with Air conditioning, I've had a look at mine and cant for the life of me see it,I've checked and where the above white area is mine is all black and appears to be held in with small screws.

I don't have air conditioning apart from opening the window that is.

regards

johnhrh

• 6 months later...

The pollen filter on the AYGO is an easy job to do and requires no tools, up under the dash on the passenger side is a white plastic panel, this is the end of the pollen filter, squeeze the ears on the white housing and pull out..

IMG_1770.jpg

The pollen filter is a flexible housing and will bend as you pull it out, this was what i found, one very dirty filter ( on the left )...

IMG_1771.jpg

Filter cost is around £10, i bought mine as part of a service kit from Parts-King.

A clean pollen filter should help the heater fan from working overtime to get air into the car, so £10.00 well spent :thumbsup:

Alternatively these filters can be washed providing they are intact.

Mine was pretty well block after 35k but now after washing I have full air flow again.

• 4 years later...

There are two types of sanitizer, one that you let off as a 'bomb' in the car and the other that you spray in

Normfest Viro do a spray and 'one shot' the latter is the bomb, I ordered 3 of each from ECP a few years back and they sent me 6 of one type, I then contacted them and they sent me 6 of the other type...and didn't want the original 6 back.

Best is they were on special and I only paid £1.50 for 6 of them! :clap:

As a tip when you take the old filter out is to get a plastic spatula and wrap a zoflora dampened microfiber cloth around it and clean the inside of where the filter slots in...all kinds of gunk will come out on the cloth.

• Like 2

• 8 years later...

Any reason why when I pulled out my filter to clean, when I clipped it back in my engine fault light is now on? 

or is it a coincidence?

1 hour ago, Inminorchords said:

Any reason why when I pulled out my filter to clean, when I clipped it back in my engine fault light is now on? 

or is it a coincidence?

Hi, 

most likely coincidence but you can run a diagnostic to confirm for yourself and see what actual is the light for. You can buy yourself an obd adapter like Carista, Carly, or anything you like can check Amazon and do your diagnostic by yourself with an app on your phone. Some apps require subscription to unlock full potential but they offer free period for new customers or just download a free app . 
Good luck 

• Like 2

Ok good advice, but there is no reason pulling the air filter in and out is going to alert the engine light?

Ill have a look into this adapter and get a diagnostic done.

• Like 1

No reason why...

I would think you disconnected something else but can't imagine what. I've never done any maintenance on my aygo yet, except to check the oil and fill up the screen wash fluid.

Blinker fluid is still full for at least 20.000 km more here.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Inminorchords said:

Ok good advice, but there is no reason pulling the air filter in and out is going to alert the engine light?

Ill have a look into this adapter and get a diagnostic done.

I have no idea how is on the Aygo you have but on many other cars this cabin filter is surrounded by wires and harnesses. Easily can touch something and disconnect the harness or pull a fuse off it’s place , something like that and this can trigger a fault code. Although very unlikely to happen, without diagnostic we can’t say anything further. 👍

• Like 2

Wooo necro-thread!

I'm sure frosty will be along shortly to put this in its own thread, but check you haven't snagged any cables when you were playing with the filter. I can't remember what the Aygo's is like but some of my Yarisusesueies had a few cables running around that area as the fusebox is a bit further down.

BTW, those filters are supposedly statically charged so they won't work as well if they're just cleaned as they lose that static attraction over time.

• Like 1

Any idea, anyone, what real mileage these filters need to be replaced on the aygo ?

Factory numbers usually mean "change too soon" but can't delay too much as then really the blower will turn and make noise but no air will be getting into the cabin.

39 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Wooo necro-thread!

I'm sure frosty will be along shortly to put this in its own thread, but check you haven't snagged any cables when you were playing with the filter. I can't remember what the Aygo's is like but some of my Yarisusesueies had a few cables running around that area as the fusebox is a bit further down.

BTW, those filters are supposedly statically charged so they won't work as well if they're just cleaned as they lose that static attraction over time.

Ive just ordered a new one from Amazon, 🙂

• Like 1

Ive only had my Aygo a few months, I bought it used. Its a 2010 model.

I just removed the filter and it was absolutely full of dust, leaves and crap. But I dont know when, if ever its been replaced since 2010 haha. 

• Like 4