Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surprise New Arrival

Big Kev

My wife, who is much older than me, has a special age birthday in July, for which I went to Manchester by train today to pick up what you see in attached photos.

First registerised 9/04, and now has 29.8k miles on after run back home. Utterly immaculate interior and very clean exterior.

At least it's PETROL, so Bothy might condescend to answer some questions as and when they arise?

Very big thanks to Michelle and Brian, two very nice Manchesterpudlians, who previously owned it, and showed me how to escape Local Hero's home patch.....good grief, I swear Professor Pat Pending's relatives all drive around Manchester.

Get ready for some MORE daft questions, ONE AND ALL.....

Big Kev. (PS, She loves it, but already emotional about her 2003 Fiesta "Black" edition going, with 17k on t'clock!!! :eek:

Sorry....colour Cadmium Green Metallic, never before have I seen in Scotland in 3 door format, and scarce in 5 door format.

post-59404-127446931352_thumb.jpg

post-59404-127446935924_thumb.jpg

My wife, who is much older than me, has a special age birthday in July, for which I went to Manchester by train today to pick up what you see in attached photos.

First registerised 9/04, and now has 29.8k miles on after run back home. Utterly immaculate interior and very clean exterior.

At least it's PETROL, so Bothy might condescend to answer some questions as and when they arise?

Very big thanks to Michelle and Brian, two very nice Manchesterpudlians, who previously owned it, and showed me how to escape Local Hero's home patch.....good grief, I swear Professor Pat Pending's relatives all drive around Manchester.

Big Kev. (PS, She loves it, but already emotional about her 2003 Fiesta "Black" edition going, with 17k on t'clock!!! :eek:

Very nice Kev - His 'n Her RAVs. She'll soon have forgotten about the 'Festa' :thumbsup:

I think I'll toast the new arrival with a dram of that 'Amber medicine' you kindly sent me. :cheers:

Very nice Kev - His 'n Her RAVs. She'll soon have forgotten about the 'Festa' :thumbsup:

I think I'll toast the new arrival with a dram of that 'Amber medicine' you kindly sent me. :cheers:

Gollygosh, D, are you tellin' me you've still got some left?

You must have less mates than me, and ah've got minus two.....

Big Kev. :yawn:

Cheers Kev,wifey now wants one for her 60th in Tidal blue.. I've got 3yrs in which to rob a bank or win the lottery :eek: stunning looking car love the spokey wheels, Just one criticism "Manpudlians" :o not a good idea mixing Mancs + Scousers :no: Hope Maureens over the moon with it :happybday: to her not sure when it is in July but best wishes from us whenever, you'll have to get that "claybar" out again now. ENJOY!!! :thumbsup: Stew

Gollygosh, D, are you tellin' me you've still got some left?

You must have less mates than me, and ah've got minus two.....

Big Kev. :yawn:

To tell the truth Kev, I had to hide it from my nephews and forgot it was at the back of the cupboard. It won't last much longer though 'cos I've got a cold :lol:

good lad - someone with flair and vision - and the cars nice as well.

Had a funny day today - nuts in fact! had to drive round a diversion in Drumchapel after some clown overturned his showmans trailers on the main A82...I managed to hit various policemen including the sleeping type. After drpping passengers in Dunmnbarton, on the road back the front hub mis-behaved and thru off 4 of its 5 nuts and broke a stud - luckily I had realised that not all was well but assumed yet another hub bearing gone....and pulled into carpark to phone nice AA man - took 4 hours for a loader to uplift number 2 RAV. Parently I was very lucky as had I been driving at normal speed, I could have beaten my 1/4 mile record with the front wheel racing out front....or maybe even through the wing. Thorough inquiry to start to discover reason altho we think its the set of alloys at fault.

so tell the missus to avoid drumchapel - which you know anyway! :drool:

Nice job Kev.

Totally confused that a/ you were allowed to travel by train, b/ you managed to get through passport control in Manchester, c/ you managed to find anyone in Manchester who could speak Scottish and d/ for some reason I thought it was going to be black. I wondered why your texts mentioned green I just thought you had been drinking meths again. Are those 17" "Granite" wheels? If so I think you might have a 16" spare. Just have a look.

PS, some people will go to extraordinary lengths to bring their mrs around to twin chrome exhausts!!!

good lad - someone with flair and vision - and the cars nice as well.

Had a funny day today - nuts in fact! had to drive round a diversion in Drumchapel after some clown overturned his showmans trailers on the main A82...I managed to hit various policemen including the sleeping type. After drpping passengers in Dunmnbarton, on the road back the front hub mis-behaved and thru off 4 of its 5 nuts and broke a stud - luckily I had realised that not all was well but assumed yet another hub bearing gone....and pulled into carpark to phone nice AA man - took 4 hours for a loader to uplift number 2 RAV. Parently I was very lucky as had I been driving at normal speed, I could have beaten my 1/4 mile record with the front wheel racing out front....or maybe even through the wing. Thorough inquiry to start to discover reason altho we think its the set of alloys at fault.

so tell the missus to avoid drumchapel - which you know anyway! :drool:

Na Bothy,

More than likely some wee piece of excrement had undone the wheel nuts, either for fun or in the thought that he could snap off the fifth one, the locking one. Happened to a relative's car a few years back....desirable alloys, so they had a go.

Guess who had a loan of the car at the time?

Will PM you in near future re new acquisitionment.....wee rattle at negative throttle settings in third gear, but actually sounds like a loose cover/cowling somewhere, but definitely sound like from underneathity.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Nice job Kev.

Totally confused that a/ you were allowed to travel by train, b/ you managed to get through passport control in Manchester, c/ you managed to find anyone in Manchester who could speak Scottish and d/ for some reason I thought it was going to be black. I wondered why your texts mentioned green I just thought you had been drinking meths again. Are those 17" "Granite" wheels? If so I think you might have a 16" spare. Just have a look.

PS, some people will go to extraordinary lengths to bring their mrs around to twin chrome exhausts!!!

Funnily nuff, Anchs, I removed the cover last night when ah got hame, and there it was.....matching totally unused alloy and brand new tyre!!! Will check diameter though......

Air con was surprisingly good, but pollen filter gets checked first.

Twin exhausts my sphinctus.....the money to replace my RFT's just went to wifey's burfday car.

As for train travel, I am now a convert....Trans Pennine choo-choo was utterly brill. These train drivers have some job, man.

Big Kev. B)

That is one pretty car, chap, and a huge upgrade from a Fiesta. Pity they don't still make a 3-door.

Mike D

I think they must be 16s for the cover to be on. It really does look nice and so much safer than the fester.

I think they must be 16s for the cover to be on. It really does look nice and so much safer than the fester.

I think :unsure: they are standard on the granite..they will be 17" with lower profile tyres to give the same radius although i am not certain..anyway a stunning car :drool::drool::thumbsup: Stew..... Yes they are std on the granite LINK It doesn't actually say they are 17" in this link but it does in another one :thumbsup:

Granites have 17" wheels - thats why they don't have a spare wheel cover, it won't fit!

Granites have 17" wheels - thats why they don't have a spare wheel cover, it won't fit!

Forgot to say....the folks who had it bought the cover for a tenner off eBay, and the same garage who sold them it, paint matched it for £40.00 !!! Good wee bit of business, eh? The wheels are 17" that are on it, so no reason to doubt spare will match, but will check.

See attached photo of pollen filter.....yuch !!!! Far too much of England attached to this !!!!!

Await The King of Discount's input as to where I should source a new one ?

Big Kev B)

post-59404-127452537185_thumb.jpg

Well only Kevo can give us the answer :yes: But my guess is the prev owner is not going to compromise such a stunning motor by adding a 16" spare, I think he's added a suitable cover..our 4.3s have 17" wheels + wheelcovers, so they are available.. reveal the truth Kev :thumbsup: Stew.... PS I wrote this reply B4 reading Kevs post above :yes:

I think :unsure: they are standard on the granite..they will be 17" with lower profile tyres to give the same radius although i am not certain..anyway a stunning car :drool::drool::thumbsup: Stew..... Yes they are std on the granite LINK It doesn't actually say they are 17" in this link but it does in another one :thumbsup:

Thanks for Link, Stewart, but more so for texts on train journey down yesterday....I was being looked at really weirdly by pellow fassengers, as to why I was sitting giggleful at rear of carriage.

Big Kev. B)

Your wife is one lucky gal Kev, that is a little cracker :thumbsup:

Forgot to say....the folks who had it bought the cover for a tenner off eBay, and the same garage who sold them it, paint matched it for £40.00 !!! Good wee bit of business, eh? The wheels are 17" that are on it, so no reason to doubt spare will match, but will check.

See attached photo of pollen filter.....yuch !!!! Far too much of England attached to this !!!!!

Await The King of Discount's input as to where I should source a new one ?

Big Kev B)

That pollen filters not too bad, temporarily give it a good vac or use an airline to blow it out..unless you need/want other parts there will prob be no difference between Kingos discount + P+P and your local toyota dealer..obviously if you need more bits then Kingo,s the MAN :thumbsup: Stew..back to the decorating :eek:

Well only Kevo can give us the answer :yes: But my guess is the prev owner is not going to compromise such a stunning motor by adding a 16" spare, I think he's added a suitable cover..our 4.3s have 17" wheels + wheelcovers, so they are available.. reveal the truth Kev :thumbsup: Stew.... PS I wrote this reply B4 reading Kevs post above :yes:

Ha har Stew, nice detective work!

Seems like the owner really cared for it getting that cover painted etc.

Clearly from that Fiesta odo, Mrs Kev is not a high mileage driver.

What you now need is somebody to take that stunning motor a little bit further north and give it a good work out in the highlands :yes:, to keep it running sweetly. :).

It just so happens I may well be passing that way (but not in me RAV). So, I can help you out (at considerable personal inconvenience :rolleyes:) and volunteer to do just that for you, with what otherwise could clearly become quite a problem :P

Super motor Kev. Best wishes to lucky Mrs Kev.

Got any money left Kev try this link.. If it doesn,t work MG (I presume)04 RAV..MG04 RAV..£799 currently available from dvlc, makes Mrs Kevs pride + joy ageless + gotta be worth SOME brownie points..Ps will send more jokes, but some of them are a "BIT" non PC ask ANCHS + CHATTERS wouldn't wish to offend anyone :thumbsup: Stew...PS on the pic in the link change aston martin to toyota and vanquish to rav4.to see it on silver rav 4.2 virtually like yours :yes: OFF TO B+Q MORE S***ing paint...man asks paddy is their a B+Q in dublin? paddy says I tink theres a "B" but not sure about the "Q" :shutit: No offence meant to our Irish friends..

Complimentarianisms on such radical thinkfulness, Stewpot....isn't it amazing the intelligent thoughts when you are partaking of "chewing gum for the brain".....painting and decorating?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Nice ONE Kevin

Have you watered it yet ?

Congrats mate from me :) :cheers:

Ukrainian Guy

Clearly from that Fiesta odo, Mrs Kev is not a high mileage driver.

What you now need is somebody to take that stunning motor a little bit further north and give it a good work out in the highlands :yes:, to keep it running sweetly. :).

It just so happens I may well be passing that way (but not in me RAV). So, I can help you out (at considerable personal inconvenience :rolleyes:) and volunteer to do just that for you, with what otherwise could clearly become quite a problem :P

Super motor Kev. Best wishes to lucky Mrs Kev.

Please excuse my wife's ungratefulness and bad manners, sh.......she has declined your kind offer, inferring something about male appendages and orifices of the nether region.

Shockingly common woman....

Big Kev

sh.......she has declined your kind offer, inferring something about male appendages and orifices of the nether region.

Orifice of the nether region - That would be my works Australian HQ building then. :unsure:

Male Appendage - A manly add-on, which I guess would be a twin exhaust. :unsure:

So, she wants me to drive it to Australia, to get a twin exhaust fitted to it.

Can do Kev! :thumbsup: ;).