Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Express A Group Test

Raistlin

Some pics of the comparisons and results :-

AygoGroupTest1.jpg

AygoGroupTest2.jpg

Nice post, thanks for sharing :)

I think their verdict is about, especially when you consider the price of the Aygo has consistently been hiked. I think its the residuals that save it as well low running costs.

It's good to see the Aygo finishing so high considering it's been out almost 5 years. However, I'd much rather an Aygo than an i10 - it's more expensive for a reason; to me, it feels more premium, looks better and is of course slightly greener. And i10s are becoming a bit common thanks to scrappage :P

I was thinking of getting an Alto before buying the Aygo, as well as a new Ka. The Ka was too expensive (£9200 for the Zetec that I wanted) and I had just owned a new Suzuki Swift and wasn't impressed with the interior plastics so I went with the Aygo...Hyundai are starting to make some nice cars these days, the i20 and i30 are pretty cool.

the i10 becomes attractive to those looking for a proper Auto or a car that can carry 5. The 5 Year Warranty (no recalls ;) ) is also attractive. But the i10 is a seriously good all round package.

I think Toyota are starting to get their prices wrong on the Aygo; let me put it this way, if I wanted to buy our Blue now, I think it would be much closer thing between an i10 and Aygo.

Interesting read. I had a test drive of a Spark when they first came out and it was nice enough but not as much fun to drive as the Aygo.

I agree Toyota need to be careful with the Aygo's pricing. The i10 and Spark have fantastic equipment levels for the money - the Spark I drove even had climate control. I think it's incredible that even top spec Aygo's don't come with a rev counter as standard!

The Splash looks a right mess, part Dodge Calibra part daihatsu YRV, styling is all over the place.

I thought the current offering from toyota was the Black not the Platinum?

Also think projected Aygo residuals are unrealistic. Sure to be worth over 50% after 3 years when the cars cost £8000 but with the price hikes?

Very impressed by the Aygo's performance in this test - it seems the only reasons that Auto Express put the i10 first is because it has a slightly more powerful engine, and it costs less.

Please tell me where they get their service prices from for the Aygo! I couldn't do it myself for £55.

Please tell me where they get their service prices from for the Aygo! I couldn't do it myself for £55.

i noticed that too - i thought that was great! take it they're not accurate then? what can i expect to pay?

• 8 months later...

Aygo beaten by .1 by the I10 but i prefer the Aygo's curves :) and the design i don't really wanna tell people i drive a Hyundai or a Kia Echhhhhhhhh

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/search/reviews?filters=body_style:%22Micro%20car%22

Comparison with closest rivals

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/compare-cars/17327%2C24092%2C38210

Fifth gear comparison of Aygo and Picanto and Fox = Aygo wins :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links