Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Charge Cooler

borodaz

any compressor owners thaught of adding one ?

it seems pretty common about compressors suffering from the heat, what about charge cooling ? i have noticed a few of the exige boys are doing it with no heat soak and constant power how it should be even when sat in traffic for long periods of time.

whats your thaughts ?

In what way? If you mean a front mounted intercooler then there are a few people on here which have had them put on, to great affect it seems. Try using the search funtion on the forum, or go back a few pages.

I have thought about it, but it costs! About £600 if your lucky for the intercooler parts, then if your not mechanically minded like me you will have to fork out for labour!

In what way? If you mean a front mounted intercooler then there are a few people on here which have had them put on, to great affect it seems. Try using the search funtion on the forum, or go back a few pages.

No a Charge Cooler is a cooling system which instead of using air blowing through the front of the car's intercooler to cool the charged air flowing from the turbo to the engine it passes through a liquid cooled box which has a seperate radiator. Never heard of anyone using one on a Compressor but it would be interesting to see what effect it would have on one as you can get the air colder than an intercooler if they are set up right.

So you don't need an intercooler for a charge cooler, I don't understand? :blink:

No you don't need an Intercooler. The Charge Cooler replaces the Intercooler. However you still need a seperate radiator for the Charge Cooler as it is filled with pipes full of coolant which the charged air flows across to cool it. And as you know the colder the air, the more power you get!

yeh, some are using them on the exiges, and as we know the exiges is same engine and supercharger as our compressors, just a thaught for those compressor owners fitting intercollers when they could fit a charge cooler instead ?

yeh, some are using them on the exiges, and as we know the exiges is same engine and supercharger as our compressors, just a thaught for those compressor owners fitting intercollers when they could fit a charge cooler instead ?

from what i gather, it's not the same supercharger - but that shouldn't really make a difference when it comes to whatever way you want to intercool. it'd be interesting to see if anyone tries this...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links