Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When Will Toyota Release A New Yaris?

PumpkinSteve

I previously had a 57 plate Yaris 1.3 SR, I would have bought the 1.8 SR after that but then Toyota decided to stop doing the nice models...the 2010 Yaris looks dreadful with the new front end and silver door handles :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard/ read about when the next generation Yaris will be unveiled?

Not followed the new models but if they done a facelift this year, they are bound to be revising a new model in a few years! Check thru old models... the phase 1 lasted for around 4 years, then got a facelift (P2) did the next one come out around 2005? 4-5 years, facelifted... next model about 2-3 years, at a guess. seems to be quick now, for updated models... years ago, cars had runs of around 10 years!

2010 Yaris:

new-yaris-630-b.jpg

Looks like a generic, American-styled hathcback

2007 Yaris (the one I had):

2008-Toyota-Yaris-SR-1[1].jpg

285-Toyota-Yaris-SR-Prices.jpg

Obviously not everyone wants big spoilers and alloy wheels, I understand that. The facelift just seems to have no character about it (for those who haven't noticed, the front end has been squashed down)...I really regret selling mine to be honest, if they still made those I'd snap one up again.

• 2 weeks later...

2010 Yaris:

new-yaris-630-b.jpg

Looks like a generic, American-styled hathcback

2007 Yaris (the one I had):

2008-Toyota-Yaris-SR-1[1].jpg

285-Toyota-Yaris-SR-Prices.jpg

Obviously not everyone wants big spoilers and alloy wheels, I understand that. The facelift just seems to have no character about it (for those who haven't noticed, the front end has been squashed down)...I really regret selling mine to be honest, if they still made those I'd snap one up again.

I think the new one looks better, at first i thought eww but i kinda think it has more character than the last one, looks like a mouse (in a good way) just my opinion. they still sell the sr(1.8) just not in the uk. it now has an even thinner grille than the told SR take a look (europe calls it the ts):

http://www.toyota-europe.com/cars/new_cars/yaris/yaris_ts.aspx

I wonder if theres any means to import one?

I'm not a huge fan of the 2010 shape, love the red SR in the picture though, looks bang on.

I can't understand why Toyota don't make a supercharged or turbocharged Yaris.

Think about it, 1.8vvti with turbo or charger, special subtle bodykit and spoilers, tinted windows, recaro seats, lowered suspension, 18" black wheels, available in white, blue, black, red and silver, bigger brakes and about 190-200 bhp. :thumbsup:

I'm sure there would be a market for it, VW are bringing out a new Polo GTi, Vauxhall have the Corsa VXR ect..

They should bring back the spirit of the original T-Sport, something like VW have done with the current Golf.

Here's me hoping! :(

I am not really seeing the difference, apart from spec.. 3 and 5 door, coloured handles, diff wheels but otherwise..........

I am thinking that the next Yaris stage, is to go down the HYBRID road, along with the (Purpose built) Prius and then the (bandwagon) Auris...

The Yaris is bound to follow soon, just a question of selling enough of the current ones, whilst developing the technology for a smaller car. This will mean lighter, smaller batteries and electric motors, etc. But I would be very surprised to see another update, without the option!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links