Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iphone ?

Bizarra

If you want a decent phone I recommend Nokia. I had an old one which I dropped in the toilet, went through the washing machine and all sorts! Don't get a Samsung, they're rubbish.

Why do you feel the need to wash your Nokia by various means ?

Do you make dirty phone calls on it or do you set it on vibrate stick it up you arse and call yourself for fun when your lonely biggrin.gif

I like the 2nd option drool.gif I never thought of that eek.gif Thanks, Raist laugh.gif I'm logging off now for a while tongue.gif

Having a little sit in your "Rocking" chair rolleyes.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• Bizarra

• Parts-King

• KPARRIS-JONES

I wouldn't be surprised if girls stuck it up their fadge and used the vibrate feature on it, actually.

I just did a load of stupid things with my Nokia really. I don't really take great care of my phones.

I wouldn't be surprised if girls stuck it up their fadge and used the vibrate feature on it, actually.

I just did a load of stupid things with my Nokia really. I don't really take great care of my phones.

Or your Avatar :D

Can't fault the iPhones other than the **** camera.

Is that a technical term? :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Can't fault the iPhones other than the **** camera.

Is that a technical term? laugh.gif

Kingo thumbsup.gif

No it's just that he can spell **** biggrin.gif

The Blurb............. from today's Paper :thumbsup:

By Claudine Beaumont

Tuesday June 08 2010

Steve Jobs has unveiled iPhone 4, the most 'beautiful and precise' device Apple has ever made.

Apple launched an updated version of its iPhone, describing it as the world's thinnest smartphone, and "the most precise, beautiful thing we've ever designed".

Jobs, Apple's chief executive, told the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco that iPhone 4 was "the biggest leap forward" since the original iPhone.

The new iPhone 4 is made from glass and stainless steel and features a five-megapixel front-facing camera with an LED flash.

The screen on the new iPhone is four times the resolution of the display on the current iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 can also record and edit high definition video.

Steve Jobs demonstrated the FaceTime video-calling feature of the iPhone 4 by calling Jony Ive, Apple's chief designer.

The iPhone 4 will be available in the UK on June 24, in a choice of black or white. Apple has not yet revealed pricing and upgrade details.

"When you hold this in your hands, it's unbelievable," said Jobs. Details of the iPhone 4 leaked weeks ahead of today's official announcement, after a prototype device was dropped in a bar, and found its way into the hands of Gizmodo, a gadget blog.

"Stop me if you've seen this before," joked Jobs as he showed off the new device.

The iPhone 4 uses Apple's own A4 processor, which Jobs said gave superior speed and performance, as well as a better Battery that will allow users to go for longer between charges.

There's also a gyroscope built in to the device, which allows movement to be measured even more precisely, and could inspire a new generation of iPhone games, said Jobs.

Apple also gave more details about its new operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, known as iOS4.

The software update will bring multi-tasking to the iPhone, allowing users to run multiple applications and programs simultaneously, and will also enable users to organise their applications in to folders.

The Blurb............. from today's Paper thumbsup.gif

By Claudine Beaumont

Tuesday June 08 2010

Steve Jobs has unveiled iPhone 4, the most 'beautiful and precise' device Apple has ever made.

Apple launched an updated version of its iPhone, describing it as the world's thinnest smartphone, and "the most precise, beautiful thing we've ever designed".

Jobs, Apple's chief executive, told the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco that iPhone 4 was "the biggest leap forward" since the original iPhone.

The new iPhone 4 is made from glass and stainless steel and features a five-megapixel front-facing camera with an LED flash.

The screen on the new iPhone is four times the resolution of the display on the current iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 can also record and edit high definition video.

Steve Jobs demonstrated the FaceTime video-calling feature of the iPhone 4 by calling Jony Ive, Apple's chief designer.

The iPhone 4 will be available in the UK on June 24, in a choice of black or white. Apple has not yet revealed pricing and upgrade details.

"When you hold this in your hands, it's unbelievable," said Jobs. Details of the iPhone 4 leaked weeks ahead of today's official announcement, after a prototype device was dropped in a bar, and found its way into the hands of Gizmodo, a gadget blog.

"Stop me if you've seen this before," joked Jobs as he showed off the new device.

The iPhone 4 uses Apple's own A4 processor, which Jobs said gave superior speed and performance, as well as a better battery that will allow users to go for longer between charges.

There's also a gyroscope built in to the device, which allows movement to be measured even more precisely, and could inspire a new generation of iPhone games, said Jobs.

Apple also gave more details about its new operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, known as iOS4.

The software update will bring multi-tasking to the iPhone, allowing users to run multiple applications and programs simultaneously, and will also enable users to organise their applications in to folders.

Except when demonstrating the phone it would not connect to the internet and it is still dog slow on multitasking.

People are blindsided by the timelapse adverts into thinking that its running on real time.

The rate other OS's are coming on I think Apple iphones will lose ground at a steady rate... Why pay more fro a better product ?

Ive been drawn in by the hype and timelapse adverts............I want one!!!

Except when demonstrating the phone it would not connect to the internet

Have you tried sending a text message during the Christmas and New Year period? Have problems, network seem slow. Similar situation at the keynote, the room was full of people using mobile devices to live blog the presentation so maybe there was a non Apple reason for slow internet response.

and it is still dog slow on multitasking.
How would you know this if no production models have shipped yet?

The rate other OS's are coming on I think Apple iphones will lose ground at a steady rate... Why pay more fro a better product ?
The thing is you are not just buying a phone you are buying a phone with a built in support environment, the App store, iTunes and synchronisation. Same thing with Toyota do you just buy one because of the car? If you believe the JD Power results you buy a Toyota because they have a better dealer network and respond to customer issues in a more helpful way than other manufacturers.

I am not saying the iPhone is perfect and it cannot claim to have the best spec of any phone out there but it does provide an integrated solution for mobile communications and entertainment in the same way that Toyota provide their solutions for people who want personal transportation not all perfect or the best spec on the market.

Got an iphone then... :D

I'm working on it.....except I got Orange's worst customer service representative of the year when I spoke to them yesterday, told him that Vodafone might be my next phone call :lol:

Got an iphone then... biggrin.gif

I'm working on it.....except I got Orange's worst customer service representative of the year when I spoke to them yesterday, told him that Vodafone might be my next phone call laugh.gif

Kingo thumbsup.gif

The future is bright... cool.gif

The future is bright... cool.gif

It won't be if I kick 'em in to touch :lol:

design-multitouch-20100607.jpg

Look at the beauty of the thing :naughty:

Apple iPhone 4: an update on those reasons not to buy one

Apple’s new iPhone prompts a reassessment of some of the issues raised in a provocative piece on why not to buy one

By Matt Warman

Wednesday June 09 2010

Prior to the launch of iPhone 4, I wrote a piece speculating on 10 reasons not to buy it. It questioned the ubiquity of the iPhone, the technological advancement, the cost and the distorting effect of one handset capturing all the headlines and development time.

The storm the piece provoked was unexpectedly intense, and I concede readily that Apple’s announcement has addressed a number of my concerns.

So now we know what Steve Jobs really had in mind, what do those 10 reasons look like?

On Battery life and design, Apple has knocked my objections out of the park.

On my points about innovation, price, multitasking and accessories, there’s real, admittedly pre-announced, progress.

I’m tentatively giving myself 6 out of 10 when comparing my concerns to Apple’s announcement.

That’s five more than respected Apple blogger John Gruber gave me, and probably six more than I’ll get from many who engaged with the previous, provocative piece.

In summary, I’d agree with my colleague Claudine Beaumont's Apple iPhone 4 - first look – this new iPhone is clearly evolutionary rather than revolutionary, but it makes a lot of much-needed improvements.

Yet video calling is not new – ask Fring – and if a phone does HD video, I’d like to see easy ways of playing it back on a big screen (compare the Motorola XT720 with its HDMI out), for instance.

Nonetheless, the new iPhone is clearly a lovely device, and it may well prove to surpass its competitors’ achievements.

Anyway here goes. I summarise each point, grade myself and then offer a little explanation.

For the full run down you can look back at the original piece at 10 reasons not to buy Apple's new iPhone 4G .

1. It’s expensive: Buy the top-of-the-range Blackberry or Android handset and you will still pay a lot less than the extortionate prices Apple charge. Half-marks

Apple continue to make premium products, and charging premium prices. I don’t mind - if you want a budget phone, buy something else.

And this new model is not as expensive, comparatively, as its predecessors. HTC’s Desire or the Nexus One, for instance, remain cheaper, however, because a number of operators offer them for free on contracts. Quite a few people objected to my use of the word “extortionate”, while others accurately identified it as hyperbolic.

2. It’s anti-technology: When the iPhone launched it was cutting edge – now as other manufacturers announce, for instance, that you can use their phones as shareable wifi hot spots, Apple says no. Half-marks

Apple revolutionised mobile phones with the original iPhone. Other people have caught up, and in some specific instances overtaken.

This iPhone’s display and antenna, however, are innovations and deserve significant credit. The implementation of video calling may prove a breakthrough, too.

3. No Flash: The iPhone, the phone that promised to put the web into everybody’s pockets, can’t even show you most of it, because it can’t handle Flash graphics. Pass

There isn’t any Flash, and we knew there wouldn’t be. Does this matter? 85 per cent of the top 100 websites use Flash Player (according to Alexa), three-quarters of all video on the web is viewed via Flash Player, and Forrester says that 98pc of enterprises rely on Flash Player. And yes, Adobe quote those figures too, but they come from independent sources.

4. No multitasking: Tried instant messaging on an iPhone? Oh yes, you have to open the app to see if you’ve got a message. Genius. If Apple announces multitasking next it will be an improvement – but there’ll be no apology for the way it’s treated customers in the past, and no guarantee it won’t behave similarly shoddily in the future. Half marks

This is probably the point that upset people most, and I concede that the crux of it comes at the end of the paragraph and not at the beginning.

Apple made a big deal of its belated announcement to include multitasking for all customers. I maintain that where other manufacturers had solved this problem, Apple was reprehensibly tardy.

5. Its Battery life is terrible. Fail

I think, in light of the A4 processor and other improvements, I should simply concede that Apple is addressing this serious issue.

6. Developing apps for it is costing you money: The special version of the BBC iPlayer, of Natwest Phone Banking, of Eon’s meter reader – developing all of these came out of money that could have been channelled away from a self-important minority and towards more generally useful ideas. Pass

This is clearly true, although there’s much debate as to whether it matters a single jot. Truth be told, I’m glad there are iPhone apps for lots of useful things, of course.

But companies should surely be more aware of alienating non-iPhone users, and potentially inhibiting competition that would benefit everybody. So in summary I'd like to see more apps, for more platforms - this is not an argument for fewer, under any circumstances.

7. It comes with offensively bad headphones. Pass

Few people deny this. Does it matter? It’s up to you. I have bought several iPods myself, so I should add it’s not a dealbreaker.

8. It’s not very well designed. Fail

The new iPhone is the best looking phone “now” on the market. I’m sure it will be lovely to use, too.

9. It charges for satnav. Pass

It does. And Google Maps is no substitute.

10. Those iPod docks are holding back better technologies. Half-marks

With this very strong product, Apple will go on defending its position. I’d like to see more competition.

Others argue that the dominance of good technologies is legitimate and reasonable. Eitherway, I can’t argue that this superb product shouldn’t be well catered for in the accessories market.

Got an email from Orange, the are going to contact me on 15th (today) so I can pre-order for the launch on 24th, dont even know how much it is going to be yet :eek:

Got an email from Orange, the are going to contact me on 15th (today) so I can pre-order for the launch on 24th, dont even know how much it is going to be yet eek.gif

Kingo thumbsup.gif

Baa............

cellphone-sheep1-793746.jpg

Got an email from Orange, the are going to contact me on 15th (today) so I can pre-order for the launch on 24th, dont even know how much it is going to be yet :eek:

and not worried, coz you've loadsa loot :yes::sick: :lol2:

and not worried, coz you've loadsa loot :yes::sick: :lol2:

Errrr :no:

I want one but not at any price :yes: I do rather like sheep phone :lol:

and not worried, coz you've loadsa loot yes.gifsick.giflol.gif

Errrr no.gif

I want one but not at any price yes.gif I do rather like sheep phone laugh.gif

Kingo thumbsup.gif

It has call Barring...

It has call Barring...

I would get the sheep phone but rumour has it the reception is a bit wooley and it's so big you can't "Ram" it in your glovebox!

It has call Barring...

I would get the sheep phone but rumour has it the reception is a bit wooley and it's so big you can't "Ram" it in your glovebox!

Kingo thumbsup.gif

I herd the reception wasn't too baaaaaaaaaad, it depends on the height of your wellies eek.gif but I do understand you don't want Orange to fleece ewe...

"it's so big you can't "Ram" it in your glovebox!"

Boastful- show us the Pics :eek:

Painful- if your glovebox snaps shut :doctor:

Is "glovebox the new "In" name for Fanny <_< :naughty:

Is "glovebox the new "In" name for !Removed! <_< :naughty:

!Removed! you should say that.....I heard that too! :naughty: Ewe shouldnt be allowed out Bizarra, you could get the lamb chop for talking like that in here!

Is "glovebox the new "In" name for Fanny <_< :naughty:

Fanny you should say that.....I heard that too! :naughty: Ewe shouldnt be allowed out Bizarra, you could get the lamb chop for talking like that in here!

:Jumpy::fear::ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links