Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange Light (oil Level)

PBS

I have just bought a N reg Estima Lucida (Automatic) When I do town driving and dont go above 40mph there is no problem. When I go at above 40mph even for a short time this light comes on. I have checked the oil it seems ok.

Any Ideas

Thanks Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi My oil level light came on......althoughI'd checked the oil level in the expansion tank under the bonnet (which read full) it still didn't go out. It wasn't until I checked the oil from the engine itself (under the front passenget seat) that I found out the engine was pretty low in oil. ONce I'd topped it up from there the light went out. I think they may have a prob with blockages between the expansion tank and the actual engine. Hope this helps :-) Debbie

Thanks for that.

I have found out that there was to much oil and thats why the oil light came on and stead on when above 2000 rpm. From other info I have read if there is too little oil, the oil light will flash - I don't know if thats true or not.

Something else that I found interesting is that when I put in 4.0 litres of oil, then checked the oil level and it was well below the low level mark so I finished of the 5 litre can let the oil settle then turned the engine the level seemed ok. I checked it two hours later and it was above the high level mark. So I had to take some out by loosening the filter. I rekon 4.0 to 4.5 litres is ok.

just for future reference. . . .

In a car if the oil pessure light comes on at higher revs but not at lower revs the cause is normally a leaking oil pick up pipe. . as the revs and subsequent suction increase air is drawn in bubbling the oil making the pressure drop . . .

A blocked strainer will also show dropping oil pressure under revving if using an oil guage

• 7 years later...

For ten minutes driving my 95' Lucida all's well, then the oil level light (not the oil pressure one) flashes steadily. It stops flashing after five - ten minutes then ten minutes later starts again. I'm pretty sure when oil is low the light stays on & doesn't flash. Could it be telling me there's too much oil? The level is way above max.

Well me I also have a problem I guess this is a little bit same with you. But it goes when I turned on the aircon.

Those models have an oil pressure switch and also an oil level switch. It is usually the level switch that goes faulty, thats why they flash, it cannot sense the level properly

Kingo :thumbsup:

Those models have an oil pressure switch and also an oil level switch. It is usually the level switch that goes faulty, thats why they flash, it cannot sense the level properly

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well why is this happening?What are the causes?