Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Exhaust "chugging" Air

TonyAYGO

Hi guys, I have an Aygo on a 58 reg, and today I noticed a weird noise. It's hard to explain but I'll try my best :P

Firstly, I heard a strange noise when doing about 20mph in 2nd, and 30mph in 3rd and again when doing about 40mph in 4th. It sounds as if it's coming from the rear of the car so I assumed it was the exhaust. The noise sounds as if my exhaust in yawning, and only lasts a second or 2.

With the engine running, I checked the exhaust and noticed it was "chugging" out air, quite forcefully.

Has anyone any idea what this could be? Any help much appreciated!

Hi mate,

It all i can think it could be is like you say the exhaust. You can check this buy starting your car and then covering the exhaust with your hand if you can hear any air rushing out of anywhere then you have 2 options some gun gum and seal the whole or the better yet more expensive option get a new exhaust fitted :)

Hi mate,

It all i can think it could be is like you say the exhaust. You can check this buy starting your car and then covering the exhaust with your hand if you can hear any air rushing out of anywhere then you have 2 options some gun gum and seal the whole or the better yet more expensive option get a new exhaust fitted :)

Hey cheers for the reply. Took it to Toyota this afternoon and booked it in for tomorrow. The guy had a quick look for me and said the air coming out of the exhaust is normal on the Aygo becuase it's a 3 cylinder engine (?), but he noticed the noise I mentioned, (we went on a quick drive lol). Hopefully I'll get the problem sorted tomorrow :)

Hi mate,

Hey cheers for the reply. Took it to Toyota this afternoon and booked it in for tomorrow. The guy had a quick look for me and said the air coming out of the exhaust is normal on the Aygo becuase it's a 3 cylinder engine (?), but he noticed the noise I mentioned, (we went on a quick drive lol). Hopefully I'll get the problem sorted tomorrow :)

Im not sure about it being normal must be if he says so, im not very mechanical just know bits and bobs, glad it will be getting it sorted im fixing my light over the weekend someone reversed into it and broke it :( near side tail light just waiting for it to get delivered :) glad to see you picked the best colour Aygo :P

Just got my car back, had a new backbox fitted under warranty. Problem seems to be solved! :)

Just got my car back, had a new backbox fitted under warranty. Problem seems to be solved! :)

Good news :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links