Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Size & Acceleration

Froston

Is it really noticeable when you have bigger alloys? It might look better when they're bigger but i think i'd prefer to have a smoother ride and a faster car?

:hokus-pokus:

What do u think? :help:

:!Removed!:

Thanks.

watch out with 16s, although 17s drop acceleration 16 tyre prices can be quite high! ;)

Ive got 17s and although you can fell a slight difference its more thinking you can feel a difference than you actually do as i can still pull good speeds through the gears.!! :thumbsup:

it's not the rim size that slows you down. Remember, the outer tire diameter is going to stay the same, so obviously size must not matter, rather it's the weight. get some lightweight 17's, and you won't be hurting anything (except your wallet because lightweight rims tend to be expensive... but that's the case with rims in general I guess...)

nah if you check out www.rarerims.co.uk they have very lightweight rims a good prices! - saving around a third of weight from other large alloy companies!

17” £440 inc VAT and P&P

17” wheels C/W Marshall 205/40/17’s - £640 P&P

17” wheels C/W Toyo 205/40/17’s - £720 P&P

not bad eh? :)

I fitted 17's to me starlet before I sold it. Lost 80km per tank of fuel and a very noticable loss of low down torque.

I fitted 17's to me starlet before I sold it. Lost 80km per tank of fuel and a very noticable loss of low down torque.

damn - what were they?

i know you can get cheap alloys in that style for £500 inc tyres but they look to be a different make. My new wheels are heavier but hey, as 97paseo said, seos arent built for speed. <_<

At standard they only make 93bhp!!! Go for style!! Thats what im doing and i still gave a civic coupe with a wings west front bumper and kit a good run for his money yesterday before i had to turn off!!! :thumbsup:

Once the style is done ill be looking at engine mods to kit some civic butt. And that means TURBO!!!! tsshhhhh!!! :D

as 97paseo said, seos arent built for speed. <_<

Once the style is done ill be looking at engine mods to kit some civic butt. And that means TURBO!!!! tsshhhhh!!! :D

<_<

im not talkin bout racing performance...

im talkin about how much acceleration you will lose out on!

...anyway seo's arent too bad... a standard one can keep up wit my m8's 2.0 16v Calibra which is group 12 insurance! ha!

:thumbsup: :D

nah if you check out www.rarerims.co.uk they have very lightweight rims a good prices! - saving around a third of weight from other large alloy companies!

17” £440 inc VAT and P&P

not bad eh? :)

um... 400 GBP isn't bad, the other two I would say is too much (my rims, 16" Motegi MR7's, are going to cost me about $650 (349 GBP), so I would aim for not much higher than that 400 pound mark.)

17” £440 inc VAT and P&P

not bad eh?  :)

um... 400 GBP isn't bad, the other two I would say is too much (my rims, 16" Motegi MR7's, are going to cost me about $650 (349 GBP), so I would aim for not much higher than that 400 pound mark.)

ah yeh i spose

you could get em for £686 (inluding all deliveries) if you bought the tyres from www.mytyres.co.uk and the alloys from them though.

BUT! are your alloys lightweight racing ones?

a 16" circuit 10 (below) weighs only 14.5lbs each

circuit%2010.jpg

a set of 16" alloys is only a tenner cheaper!

I don't have numbers to give, but I have held them, they are pretty damn light. There is better of course, but I wouldn't bother after seeing the price tag on "better". Well, Konig heliums I think are supposed to be pretty light and their package price is $699 for 16", shich is really good, but they're not that great looking a rim.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links