Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where To Buy An Induction Kit

talboy

Hi guys, i have been waiting for a cheap typhoon to come up on eBay for a about a month and become bored of waiting... But still i cant spend 200 quid on the kit...

I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that i could get instead and sacrifice a bit of quality?

I hear a lot of people talk about the apexi ones but cant see anywhere that sells them?

If anyone can recommend a cheaper alternative that would be great...

Only place i know for A'PEXi is Nengun

Downside is you'd have to wait for delivery from Japan

thumbsup.gif

If you really dont want to Shell out, cut up your airbox buy just a filter and fit it on, it does me until i have money to spare to buy a typhoon or apexi.

If you really dont want to shell out, cut up your airbox buy just a filter and fit it on, it does me until i have money to spare to buy a typhoon or apexi.

How is the noise/gains from your botch job msprince? I dont mind if there arent any gains but a wee bit of noise would be good ;)

that actually looks alright.... sorry if i sound surprised, i was expecting it to look rubbish!!

what did you buy to sort that out and how did you go about fitting it? Looks like it would do the job just as well as the more expensive options im guessing?

msprince can you advise on what u bought and how you went about putting that together?

msprince can you advise on what u bought and how you went about putting that together?

I'm pretty sure he just bought an unbranded cone filter off of e-bay or the likes and cut up his original airbox to fit it directly onto the pipe housing the MAF sensor (the wires that go into the pipe just behind the cone). It should be a simple job that you can do with a hacksaw/dremel, but remember it does require the complete destruction of your original airbox. :)

Edit: Measure said pipe before you fit. Or ask msprince very nicely if he can remember. :)

hmmmm... you have to actually cut the air box up? im not sure thats a great idea.. would like to sell the car as standard when i do get rid or at least go back if i want to....

MsPrince is that the case? you hae to cut the piping that goes intot he air box and simply stick the cone on the end of the cut pipe?

Yep that is the case. It really depends if you want to Shell out the money for a k&n or something similar, it does destroy the top half or the airbox but im not going to be selling my car for years.

Its pretty simple just cut up the top half off airbox until you are left with a round pipe

I would recomend making a braket to hold the filter in place otherwise it will hang down an look silly, but my bracket is a small bit of heat sheild i had off a old mini moto painted black.

If anyone needs any more info, give me a shout. Im only too happy to help anyone out.

Matt

where abouts do you cut?

A rough guide on how to do it would be really appreciated if you have the time?

If you could post up a pic of your air box, i could show you were to cut.

Ideally a pic from each side. :thumbsup:.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah kool ill do a guide when someone posts up a few pic of an airbox.

Msprince, if i get some pics up would you still be able to post a guide on where to cut? this should do me till i get the spare cash for a proper induction kit, saving for some new rims n tyres first lol

im suretheres a typhoon on sale by one of the toc members.

Haha yeah mate no probs, if you can give me a few pics from a few angles. Matt
post-76869-127731875314_thumb.jpg post-76869-127731877085_thumb.jpg post-76869-127731878576_thumb.jpg post-76869-127731879995_thumb.jpg are they ok? <BR><BR>prob better if i took it off but thought if am gona take it all off i might aswell ju start cutting aswell n hope for best lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay.

You need to cut around the red line, following the contour of the round pipe that runs into the airbox.

Green X = Keep this bit.

Blue X = discard this bit.

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

Let me know if you need anymore help. :thumbsup:.

finally got round to doin this,

msprince....what did you do with the wires that are conected i cant see them in ur pic????

there was 1 going to the side of the air filter lid...do you know whst that 1 is for? comes frm the engine has a t split then one goes to the brown plug on the side near the batery, other goes to other side

thanks

The brown plug is for a vac regulator for the flap on the airbox, i just tapped it up and hid it.

I also removed some of the vac pipes as they are no longer needed i shall have a look as i cant remember excatly where i ran them.