Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost Keys For Yaris Or Models Upto 2006

lost-key-helper

hi, i have recently found a way turn the ECU on the yaris to a virgin status. which means you can add standard or remote keys to the vehicle yourself.

If anyone has any questions i would be happy to help. thank you

hi, i have recently found a way turn the ECU on the yaris to a virgin status. which means you can add standard or remote keys to the vehicle yourself.

If anyone has any questions i would be happy to help. thank you

In view of the previous comment from Reece

Please post full details of any potential costs involved to members.

As requested the full details.

Firstly you will need to order either standard or remote keys from the dealer. Then We ask that you send your ECU to us, once we receive it we will change the ECU to virgin status. Which means when we send it back to you (1st class special delivery recorded) you will be able to program the keys to your vehicle yourself. We will also supply instructions on how to do this.

We charge £150 which the includes VAT and postage.

As some of you maybe aware it can cost a lot at the main dealer, this is why we have come up with new procedure. It is also possible on other toyota models upto 2006.

Hope this helps. and if you have any questions please contact me.

• Buy a new set of keys
  • Try and remove the ECU from the car
  • Pack and wrap it and post it (hoping it doesn’t get lost or damaged)
  • Part with £150
  • Have no transport for the duration of having no ECU
  • Try to replace ECU when it’s returned (hoping it doesn’t get lost or damaged) and hope it all works

I personally think it would be quicker, cheaper and less of a ball ache just to get a new key cut and programmed from Mr T :thumbsup:

hi, that is the whole point. this is for people who can not get the keys programmed. As many yaris owners are finding, the dealer will charge you more than £700 for new keys. I am an mobile auto locksmith and do these in my van, but you need the ECU. be interested to see quotes you have had for a yaris!!

hi, just to add to that:

This is for yaris owners who have no keys. or do not have the main programming key. If you have the main key "yes" you can add keys, but without the main key or any keys , removing the ECU and changing the ECU to a virgin status is the only way. obviously removing the ECU yourself and having to post it is not everyone's cup of tea, but if all the other quote's you get are a very high price, this maybe an option. hope this helps explain.