Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Trim Issues

daf-fy

i have a 2007 blue with the 'custom' pack ie full leather interior...........

been delighted with it (loved the leather on a previous car and was amazed it was available as an option on the aygo!)

until now..........

spotted severe cracks/ splits on the outer panel of seat back on drivers seat (ie the panel with the srs airbag on it) which with only 22000 miles and 30 months from new is most unexpected!

anyone else had any issues at all with leather on aygos or any toyotas for that matter before i go and visit my local dealer.........

cheers

Have you had it from new, could be someone cleaned the leather with something not suitable?

Is this full leather or the half leather/alcantara?

P.S.

Look on the inside panels of the rear seats where the 2 seats touch together. Are both panels Leather or is one a very cheap thin cloth?

Some of the Alcantara trim cars have this presumably so leather is not rubbing leather but why such tatty thin material?

I bet theres people who never notice its not leather until it gets snaggesd and rips!

this is the full leather trim which was available as an option known as 'custom' as you could pick colour(s), logos etc (mine basically has black and blue - matching paint colour of original Aygo blue - with the AYGO logo in blue on front 'headrest' area) = fab looking except for this issue with the split/ cracking.

I have had the car from new and not used any undesirable chemicals on it.

See what dealer says once I can get it in for a look...........

out of interest was this a dealer fit option - outsourced to a retrimmer - or available from the factory?

It was listed in the options list which I believe COULD be factory supplied but the dealer in my case did it on a local level as the car was already in the pipeline (ie they took a standard Blue with MMT and added STYLE pack and CUSTOM leather at dealer. Either way, a 3 year warranty should stand as all were supplied/ fitted via dealer prior to delivery to me.

Still haven't heard from dealer when I can get car in for a look...........

• 3 weeks later...

update - had it in at dealers and they have sorted the problem panel by having original trim company replace it and everything seems to match/ sorted so good news....... and the noisy back box was also replaced under warranty but then comes...

....the bad news is that it was also in for the MMT box being jerky/ not engaging reverse every time and the additional door seals but they said 'no fault found' when they drove the car and 'never heard of additional door seals' so can anyone shed more light on these?

eg part numbers for seals/ is it original Toyota part? when did they come out ie were they added due to wind noise/ water ingress issues etc?

MMT can a fault reader check on board computer or is it only a case of them testing it and if all ok on their test drive = no fault so do nothing?

also wanted them to check front suspension as I'd had excessive tyre wear and noticed that the top mounts of front suspension sat at completely different angles on top of the turrets but apparently that was 'within tolerance' whatever that is?!

any technical bulletins or the like referring to MMT software or additional door seals would also be handy!

cheers folks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links