Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Would You Buy Next Time

daf-fy

21 members have voted

1. 1. based on experience with aygos and toyota in general, what would be your choice of next car

• another aygo
    • another small toyota model eg yaris, iQ, urban cruiser
    • another med/ large toyota model eg auris, verso, avensis, prius, rav4
    • another brand
    • cant decide/ dont know yet

curious to see what everyone reckons what with prices, recall, issues vs fun, economy, etc

curious to see what everyone reckons what with prices, recall, issues vs fun, economy, etc

If my Aygo were written off and I had to choose another car, I probably would buy another.

I test drove a Hyundai i10 to see what all the car magazines were talking about and I wasn't impressed, it's better equipped, certainly but it has none of the Aygo's Joie de vivre.

I've always liked the Fiat Panda (I actually prefer the way it drives compared with the 500).

I might go for the left-field/banger option and buy an old Volvo, a big Citroen or something.

I've looked at the other Toyotas and none of them are particularly interesting. I still don't see the point of the IQ: Who buys a car that's heavier, slower, not much smaller but much more cramped for 2 or 3 thousand £s more than an Aygo?

I'd buy another Yaris and consider an IQ or another Aygo. I would probably try a different dealer next time as I've bought two cars from the same dealer, they once smashed my lights and didn't own up (about two years ago) and I still hold a grudge, even though they did repair it they did not admit liability or apologise.

I've owned a Renault, VW Golf, Suzuki, Ford but none of the came close to Toyota. Surprisingly (or not) the Golf was the most unreliable car I've had and the interior was :censor:

I might try an IQ next time but I still love me Blue.

If I could keep my Aygo forever and afford to have other cars I really would. But my next car will be something more petrol guzzly and less reliable :D

thanks for the feedback so far........

I've got to say that although I have had some issues with it, the overall package and price I paid is good value.

Ideally the Aygo 3 should solve more of the general annoying features (or lack thereof) noted elsewhere in forum (eg no passenger electric window button, drinks holders not right size, small rear wiper, no memory in 3dr front seats, no tacho, etc)

I would definately buy a car essentially the same as current or mark 1 Aygo with revisions as above!

cheers

If I get a promotion at work and do six months in a sandy place then its a brand new Landrover for me. thats the wifes promise.

i love the aygo and what it stands for, however i'd never buy the same car twice - just for variety's sake! No idea what would be next

I think I'll probably go for an Auris next, something with a bit more room. A friend has a T180, it's very nice to drive, but I don't think they are in the model line up now. I would go Yaris, but I hate the dash, can't stand it, one of the worst Toyota design decisions ever, although the car itself is nice enough to drive.

Oh, if money was no consideration, I would get another Camry and/or import an Aurion. :D

I'm not sure! I suppose it depends on wether we were replacing my 51 reg Xsara Picasso or my wifes Aygo. We need a bigger car for family things and a smaller one for the running about.

I would love an Aygo for myself but I am stuck with having to drive the bigger car as my wife isn't keen on driving big cars. I guess I would go for a Verso as I have 2 boys from a previous marriage, 1 daughter with my new wife and we would like another baby in the next couple of years. I love the look (but not the price!!) of the new Prius but it would ultimately be too small anyway.

I like the look of the Ford S Max too.

I would definately replace the Aygo with another no questions. I doubt we will be lucky enough to have no problems with it what with the water ingress issues etc, but we both love it to pieces already - only had it for 2 days!

Rich

Me and the wife love our little Aygo red, but when it comes time to change it we'll be looking at Yaris's. I think they're a better all-round car. As andrewfq says, the dash is pretty foul, but then the Aygo's looks like it's been designed by Fisher-Price anyway.

we are in a similar situation in that we need a big car and a small car.

Before Aygo I had a Seat Leon 1.9 TDi (the nicer looking original shape) and my wife had an Avensis (2001 model).

Recently we changed the Avensis for an MPV and looked at the Verso, S-max, Zafira etc before ending up with a VW Touran 2.0 TDi (2005) for a number of reasons mainly Verso not as comfortable/ roomy, S-max too expensive second hand still, Zafira too common/ boring, and I know how good VW diesels are from the Leon so Touran ticked all the boxes.

When Aygo is due for renewal I'd consider another one or similar.