Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Verso Sx 180 Abs

offroader111

I have a 2005 Verso SX 180 and the ABS lights have been on for some time. Toyota have done various tests but don't seem to be sure as to what is causing this. They say the "Module" needs to be replaced but I'm not convinced. Does any one have access to any diagnostic tests I can carry out myself?

Please help as the price of the new "module" is horrific! :crybaby:

Unfortunately the ABS system is made up of many components. Sensors on the wheels, the brake pedal, the hydraulic block for the brakes, the ABS computer (ECU) amongst others. If any of these fail it makes the ABS light come on. Even connecting a diagnostic tester may give you an incorrect error especially if it is the ABS ECU that has a fault.

The other issue you have is that an ABS light on is an MOT fail so you have to get it fixed before he cars next test.

The short answer there is no quick fix and it really is a matter of connecting up a diagnostic computer to see if that can tell you where the fault is, even then you may be looking at testing each component in the system individually to diagnose the fault.

Thanks for the reply hertnsminds. Not exactly what I wanted to hear but thanks non the less. Now to find a competent dealer who can diagnose this problem accurately. I live in South Africa so fortunately, no yearly MOT rqd. :huh: