Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Back In Paintshop

xclairex1

Thats my corolla back in to get the front bumper repainted, not happy at all about the shading, looked ok in certain lights but colour just wasnt good enough. Toyota were kind enough to just send the paint rather than checking the shade first so hopefully should have it back tomorrow and will eventually get some pictures up, i was going to before but when i put them on photobucket you could see the colour difference

Anyone else had the same hassle?

yeap, the exact same claire, my tte bumper is a different shade, its the way the plastic reacts to the paint, can be very difficult to get an exact match.

it is much easier to match darker colours, well i think its that you dont notic it as much, cant wait for the pics.

are toyota fitting the bumper for you or just got the paint from them ?

No, a painter ive used for years is doing it, he has already painted and fitted it, but will be taking it off again to paint it with the different shade, it looks good apart from the colour difference

• 2 weeks later...

got the car back, still not entirely happy with the colour match but not sure what to do about it, unsure ill get a better match

Does it go lighter or darker when it goes onto the bumper? If it goes ligter then start with an ever so slightly darker paint.

It depends on the light think it was actually better the first time. Have been to another bodyshop but their solution was to blend the wings which i dont want.

The original bumper was painted by arnold clark when i got it as it had a small scratch and first time wasnt a great match but i made them do it again and it was fine so i know it can be matched better.

What about toyota do you think theyd get a better match?

Really need to get it sorted ive hardly driven it cos it makes me mad every time i look at it at the moment

And after the second attempt

From the front not too bad

Photo196.jpg?t=1275733191

From the side too light

Photo195.jpg?t=1275733191

And from above too blue

Photo200.jpg?t=1275733191

the other issue is the rest of your car will have faded. the only way to get it perfect is to blend the bonnet and wings in i think.

the only way is to blend in.i got a mark on the rear bumper and had mine done and the painter noted that the bumper was a diff colour to start with and now you cant tell its been touched after he sorted it cost 200£ well happy. :thumbsup:

as i said mine is a different shade too, iam just living with it as iav sooooo many little niggly bits like that with the car the colour match is just another on the list.....

bumper looks good by the ways :thumbsup: , car is looking very well now B)

I don't think it looks too bad blink.gif

Thanks, Its just buggin me, i love the bumper on it but all i see is the colour difference when i look at it, probably end up painting it again.