Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locating A Part For My Aircon

TrentSC

I discovered that the aircon on my '51 3-door Rav was up the Swanee on Monday, on the hottest day of the year, while I was stuck on the M25. Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Anyway, I need to see if I can locate a spare part - its the metal pipe that runs parallel to the front of the car, along the base of the condenser. It's got a small leak at the left end where it turns into the condenser, and while I can live with paying Toyota GB £147 for a small piece of metal tubing, it would be nice to try and find a reliable, cheaper alternative!

Can anyone enlighten me with a part number?

Many thanks

Hi TrentSC,

have you tried:

http://www.toyodiy.com/

Thanks for the suggestion! I've had a quick look, but since I don't know the part number (and my local Toyota won't tell me), I was rather hoping for either a diagram that I could use to locate the part, or some genius who could work it out from my dreadful description!

Just a thought, have you considered an hydraulic hose company,they may be able to make one from your pattern

Just a thought, have you considered an hydraulic hose company,they may be able to make one from your pattern

I was hoping for a part number so I could get on the web and find a few simpler, cheaper options!

If Trent relates to the river and/or Nottingham,there is a yard in Basford who may be able to help you,I have not had any dealing with them tho`

If Trent relates to the river and/or Nottingham,there is a yard in Basford who may be able to help you,I have not had any dealing with them tho`

Sadly it doesn't (I'm in north London), but thanks for the suggestion.

Have tou tried searching for second hand toyota parts on tinternet in your area?

I’ve had a look and found this answer to a similar search of yours…

Well, I poked around online looking for a source. It turns out that the dealers who sell parts online are using the same software that Ford dealers use. It looks up parts and has a section permitting purchase of the parts, but it does not show the diagrams or exploded-view drawings that the dealer has access to. Honda is much better at this, with their entire illustrated catalog online. You could buy a repair manual from Chiltons or Haynes, they frequently have good illustrations. Haynes tends to depend mostly on photographs that they take themselves, so Chilton, who use a lot of the drawings from the factory manuals, might be a better choice. You won't have the part numbers, but you'll know what is going on. Another source, which I first used a while ago, is Google's excellent image search. I needed an exploded view of a Ford caliper with parking brake, and I found it after a very small amount of poking about amongst the images. You may have to be creative about the name of the image you are searching for, as the image posters frequently caption them with unusual phrases or descriptions. Still, it's not a bad source. But, it looks like the only place you will be able to find diagrams with part numbers attached is the dealer. Depending on the dealer, that doesn't mean you have to go down there. My local Ford dealer was always more than happy to fax me pages out of the catalog when my description of what I needed didn't jive with his nomenclature. Dealer parts people tend not to have worked as mechanics or in parts stores; they only know the names in their catalogs. And manufacturers are great at making up different names for the same parts.

Try another couple of toyota dealers… they may be more helpful!!

Good luck

Just thought!! ask Kingo (on our forum) he will prob. help

AC pipes.pdf

Highlight the pipe on here and fax it to findapart.com or Kingo. It sounds like the condenser pipe from your description.