Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bottoms Up!

boabytsportin

how u all doin!?

ryt my bottom end is away been suggested i fit new lift bolts because seemenly the sound can be the same as a mangled bottom end so firstly is there torque settings for these?? and secondly does any1 on here have a rough price or heard anythin about anyone gettin theres recon'd?? any help wil be much appreciated :) its been off the road for 14 months :( :(

how u all doin!?

ryt my bottom end is away been suggested i fit new lift bolts because seemenly the sound can be the same as a mangled bottom end so firstly is there torque settings for these?? and secondly does any1 on here have a rough price or heard anythin about anyone gettin theres recon'd?? any help wil be much appreciated :) its been off the road for 14 months :( :(

no help at all??? :(

I could barely make out what you wrote, Lift bolts have nothing to do with the short block. The bolts in your corolla should be revised bolts and shouldnt break, this only affected the early year celicas. When the corolla was built with a re designed manifold etc the issues had already been addressed.

You can change them but i highly doubt the sound would be the same as a bottom end going, Reconditioned engines im not to sure on, PM Dailey87 as he had a place carry out his head work for him when things went rough. I would go to a competant mechanic who has worked with these engines before. I myself wouldnt be keen on taking it to a recon place but it would be good to find out prices.

If you could be more specific about the sounds and problems you have it would make it easier on what others can advise you to do thumbsup.gif

Heres a good read on lift bolts:

Lift Bolts

cheers mate..and sorry i had a few beers when i wrote that haha! yes its a loud kocking oise ad when u rev it gets faste obv lol! i did change my big end shells doin the usual lube them i oil first and torque the conrod caps up as required but a day later the noise persisted...so i dnt no weather to get it re'coned as im told jap engines dont respond very well to bein tampered with :S any help prices etc would be very much appreciated :)

I reckon a full recon is well on the cards. When you changed out the big ends did you inspect any other part of the engine. I have a strong feeling the engine is toast? What oil have you been using sometimes it concerns me that 5w-30 is not good enough to keep rods lubricated up well enough in lift at such high rpm.

If you are confident enough to rebuild it yourself then i would order the parts from MWR but it would be much cheaper to find a breaking engine or again maybe have it reconditioned. There are a few reputable companies selling recons, they usually come with a short warranty. If you only replaced the big end shells then it is still possible that a rod was damaged even though they are pretty strong being forged steel. Piston damage is highly possible and valve damage my best bet to save time and labor would be sell the old block and buy a recon engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links