Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Connection

MNT

Just a quick note for those that are looking for or considering an Ipod connection. When I got my second hand 55 plate Avensis the other day the first thing I wanted to do was sort out a connection of my Ipod.

There are several after market non Toyota ones which seem to have restrictions on whether they work with the on board satnav or not. Whilst looking on eBay I found a genuine Toyota one which works with the satnav.

The part number is PZ473-00265-00 and instructions for fitting it (which may be useful to others wanting to mess with the radio or see how to take the dash board apart) can be found by searching the internet for AIM 000 880-0

The unit was very easy to fit and like most of the other units around allows you to play the first five playlists on the device and also keeps the Satnav function.

Hope this is of interest to others.

hiya, any chance you can put more details of what you typed in to eBay or what the actual item is called on eBay as my search yielded nothing for an Avensis!

How much did you pay for example?

Cheers in advance!

Mike

hiya, any chance you can put more details of what you typed in to Ebay or what the actual item is called on Ebay as my search yielded nothing for an Avensis!

Cheers in advance!

Mike

Just highlight the part number PZ473-00265-00, and search google. The first entry should be Toyota Publications, click on it, and find your model. You will find fittings and using instructions.Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

hiya, any chance you can put more details of what you typed in to Ebay or what the actual item is called on Ebay as my search yielded nothing for an Avensis!

Cheers in advance!

Mike

Just highlight the part number PZ473-00265-00, and search google. The first entry should be Toyota Publications, click on it, and find your model. You will find fittings and using instructions.Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Thanks but that does not find the actual connection kit, thats for the manuals/installations etc. The original topic poster said he found the item on eBay. I've yet to find one on there. Cheers.

:)

The item I bought on eBay was item no. 140404395942

To find it I searched for ipod toyota. I guess this is what you have already tried and I just lucked out finding it before anyone else bought it. The guy that sold mine seemed to have sold several ones before mine as I checked with him that it would work and he listed previous Avensis trim levels that had bought them before. I'd take a look at the listing and then contact the seller to see if he has any more for sale.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links