Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Question

Paul Gi

Happenin' folks

Been a while since i was last on here however i did try to search for the above info however turned up nothing.

Basically i want Rota GT3's on my Aygo however they come in the following fitment: -

15x7

4x100

ET40

Now i've seen on a couple of threads where having 195/45/15 tyres will make the tyres rub. I had a chat with Ben at Rare Rims and he mentioned that i would need to go down a tyre size (195 to 185) in order to overcome this and so far the only tyres i can find are 185/55/15 tyres.

Will those tyres definately fit onto my wheel without looking stretched? Also what effect will this have on my speedo readings?

Larger tyres will make you travel slower than the speedometer shows (only slightly), I think they will look stretched on those rims because a 175 looks quite stretched on a 6.5" wide rim and I also think that 55's are too big for a 15" rim...honestly I don't think it's worth the hassle, if it was me I'd choose a more narrow rim.

Happenin' folks

Been a while since i was last on here however i did try to search for the above info however turned up nothing.

Basically i want Rota GT3's on my Aygo however they come in the following fitment: -

15x7

4x100

ET40

Now i've seen on a couple of threads where having 195/45/15 tyres will make the tyres rub. I had a chat with Ben at Rare Rims and he mentioned that i would need to go down a tyre size (195 to 185) in order to overcome this and so far the only tyres i can find are 185/55/15 tyres.

Will those tyres definately fit onto my wheel without looking stretched? Also what effect will this have on my speedo readings?

Hi Paul,

Long time, glad you are still posting. :)

In answer they will rub and the tyre will be too small at 185 to fit 7 inch rims and also will be well over the original rolling circumference. To stop rubbing go for a 6.5inch rim at ET40 or a 7 inch rim at less than ET35.

I have the Rota slipstream 6.5x15 ET40 and they are a cheap as chips perfect match for the Aygo and weigh very little, if you want another style I am sure Rota must do it in 6.5. PM me if you want to do more sound boarding.

Meanwhile my good wife took out my 16x7 wheels yesterday which do rub and decided to rub them against something more than the car, see top of rim ... just swapped them with the Rota's and Dunlops.

rub.jpg

Andy

Happenin' folks

15x7

4x100

ET40

Hi Paul,

Long time, glad you are still posting. :)

In answer they will rub and the tyre will be too small at 185 to fit 7 inch rims and also will be well over the original rolling circumference. To stop rubbing go for a 6.5inch rim at ET40 or a 7 inch rim at less than ET35.

I have the Rota slipstream 6.5x15 ET40 and they are a cheap as chips perfect match for the Aygo and weigh very little, if you want another style I am sure Rota must do it in 6.5. PM me if you want to do more sound boarding.

Meanwhile my good wife took out my 16x7 wheels yesterday which do rub and decided to rub them against something more than the car, see top of rim ... just swapped them with the Rota's and Dunlops.

rub.jpg

Andy

What tyres are they on the Slipstreams? They look mint.

What tyres are they on the Slipstreams? They look mint.

2006_004_1.jpg

They are Dunlop Direzza 03G and obviously have lots of grip but I won't have them long because they don't last too long of course, are noisy and follow lorry tracks on the road really badly due to the stiff sidewalls. Fun coming to work this morning though through some corners and a B road blast last night, I'll be sticking another of the silver wheels back on this weekend though with the 205/40 Yokohama's on

Andy

FWIW that looks like a motor cycle tyre...funky :)

...what does it do that a normal tyre doesn't (if you pardon my ignorance) :blush: ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links