Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Colours

peteandtheresa

Hi could any one tell me the colours of injectors off a 1.6 and a 1.8. I think the 1.6 is blue because this is what is in my carina but others are saying grey. Hope you can elp, pete.

Hi,

As far as I know is that the 1.6 lean burn and the 1.8 engine has the same injectors (blue ones). That is what I have. Wich colour it is in the 1.6 stochimetric engine (not lean burn) with about 115 hp I don't know, but I believe that they are supposed to be grey.

I bought some second hand injectors, because one was not any good, some weeks ago. I searched with the part number on my blue one and I found it to be the same from the 1.8 engine.

Mine are tan, 1996 Jap spec 1.8L leanburn 7A-FE twin coil distributorless.

How do you know when injectors are no good?

You can meassure the resistance on them.

The engine starts to run bad when warm. Then if you remove the connector one at the time the engine should run worse if the injector is working. If there is no difference the injector is bad.

• 2 months later...

Injectors on LB engines is interchangeable.Blue is a production-Bosch,gray is Denso, .But it is desirable that all 4 would have the same.The engine will work with different LB injectors as well.