Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

callisr

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum! I found it after ordering an Aygo Blue to replace my wifes Punto.

We took delivery of the car this morning (only ordered it on Tuesday!) and so far we love it! I am a sucker for cars with character and 'Aggie' has it by the bucket load! The 57 miles she has now covered have been a hoot! I think I will have problems getting the keys off my wife!

It was raining fairly heavily when we collected it and the rear passenger side door was wet :o - I dried it and despite heavy showers all day, so far no more water has appeared. I shall be keeping a very close eye out for the dreaded ingress though ;)

I have read somewhere that a smear of silicon grease does wonders for the seals. Has anyone tried it?

Anyhow, I am going to continue reading the posts on here now! Happy to have found what appears to be a frienly place to hang out!

Cheers,

Rich

Welcome Aboard! Happy Aygo ing!

Thankyou for the welcome! We are loving our Aygo :yahoo: Just been out in it again and neither of us want to stop driving! Even our 17mnth old daughter loves it!

Talk about smiles per mile!! :P

Rich

Without a Blue what would you do... yahoo.gif

Welcome :)

I'm also Rich, have a 'Blue' (wifes) and have a 17 month year old daughter!

We were almost put off by a buggy unfriendly boot have found one which fits a dream :)

Welcome :)

I'm also Rich, have a 'Blue' (wifes) and have a 17 month year old daughter!

We were almost put off by a buggy unfriendly boot have found one which fits a dream :)

That's a bizzarre coincidence :lol:

Yeah the boot was a concern at first but the pushchair just goes in OK and there is still room for the changing bag and some shopping. I am going to take the parcel shelf out and store it away though as it gets in the way when putting the pushchair in and out. I am also going to get something to protect the metal boot lip from scuffs as it look like it could be scratched easily by the pushchair going in and out of the boot.

We also have a Xsara Picasso which will be used for the big grocery shop and when my 2 boys from my previous marriage come to stay. We were going to trade that for something similar but newer. Glad we made the decision to trade the wifes Punto for the Aygo though! It reminds me of how I felt driving my old mini 25!

I managed to sneak the keys off the wife tonight so I could come to work in the Aygo :P

I will get some pics up soon. I took some outside the dealer when we picked it up ( prob seems a bit sad but I've never had a new car before!!) but they are a bit big!

:) Happy days......

Rich

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their new Aygos, I just got a Blue last week too! One thing I have noticed is how nice and light the gear changes are, my last car was like stirring porridge :D

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum! I found it after ordering an Aygo Blue to replace my wifes Punto.

We took delivery of the car this morning (only ordered it on Tuesday!) and so far we love it! I am a sucker for cars with character and 'Aggie' has it by the bucket load! The 57 miles she has now covered have been a hoot! I think I will have problems getting the keys off my wife!

It was raining fairly heavily when we collected it and the rear passenger side door was wet :o - I dried it and despite heavy showers all day, so far no more water has appeared. I shall be keeping a very close eye out for the dreaded ingress though ;)

I have read somewhere that a smear of silicon grease does wonders for the seals. Has anyone tried it?

Anyhow, I am going to continue reading the posts on here now! Happy to have found what appears to be a frienly place to hang out!

Cheers,

Rich

hi rich

used to use silicon grease on door rubbers to stop them freezing in winter(when we had real winters).

worked well.

BUT,your wife will not be too pleased with marks on her clothing though,as its too easy to brush against the rubbers.

so if you do use it you have been warned.

acetip

Hmmm good point!

Best go to plan 'B'. Anyone know the optimum number of fingers to keep crossed in order to keep the water out of the car?? :blink:

Rich

Hmmm good point!

Best go to plan 'B'. Anyone know the optimum number of fingers to keep crossed in order to keep the water out of the car?? :blink:

Rich

hi again rich

are you sure its a laek you have and not just water collecting at top of door when closed then running down when you open it.

cars dont have channels on the roofs these days to stop this happening as they use to.

Not convinced it's leaking to be honest. Just that when we picked the car up on Saturday, the back door was wet inside. Carpets and everything else were dry so I could just be worrying for nothing. We have had some heavy showers today and all I checked the car when my wife came home from work in it and it was dry as a bone. I think you are right Acetip - water appears to be accumulating on the top of the seal and dripping in the car when to door is opened.

Cheers,

Rich

Dont worry they dont all leak. watch when you open the boot though water runs down and soaks you if your not prepared. This is a great forum you will learn loads of tips and ideas I have and Aygo's are great fun to drive enjoy

LOL already got a soaking from the boot!

I love driving the Aygo but alas, my wife does too :( so it is unlikely that I will get my mits on the keys too often (except when fuel is low or 'there's a funny noise'!)

Loving the forum so far too!

Rich

I love driving the Aygo but alas, my wife does too :( so it is unlikely that I will get my mits on the keys too often (except when fuel is low or 'there's a funny noise'!)

Rich

I polish the door edges & the rubber door seals

with silicone based furniture polish.

Doesn't mark clothes.

Rather than the water seeping through by capilary action,

it tends to bead up and sit on the rubber or door edges.

My 2p worth.

Ian.

Rich

I polish the door edges & the rubber door seals

with silicone based furniture polish.

Doesn't mark clothes.

Rather than the water seeping through by capilary action,

it tends to bead up and sit on the rubber or door edges.

My 2p worth.

Ian.

Sounds like a good idea. Nothing has leaked in yet but will 'polish' the seals anyway.

Cheers,

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links