Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fiuel

speed machine 1

hi have a celica t sport i have looked in manual and it says get the car in to top gear as soon as posible so when driving around town i get to 30mph and bang it in to 6th gear engine stills pulls and does not strugle but my fuel consumption is realy poor should i drive in a lower gear round town to getr a better fuel consumption any help would be most helpful thanks

To be honest I do the same the way I look at it is if the car will do it use it. Unless you feel like a blast of lift.

As far as fuel economy goes this is a much talked about subject on the corolla forum I get around 28 mpg driving around town and max I have had on a long run is 42 mpg on a 300 mile round trip.

A lower gear will give you better fuel ecconomy around town, if there's too much strain on the engine it adds extra fuel to try and overcome the problem, 4th at 30mph is probably best unless on a down hill, then stick it in 6th

A lower gear will give you better fuel ecconomy around town, if there's too much strain on the engine it adds extra fuel to try and overcome the problem, 4th at 30mph is probably best unless on a down hill, then stick it in 6th

Thing is the t s engine seems to pull ok doing 30 - 35 mph in 6th and in 4th at the same speeds it seems as if it is not over reving but revs loudly as they do.

i know however the way the gearing works on these cars although the RPM is higher the load on the engine is lower so it uses less fuel. you could even try just using 5th instead of 6th at 30mph and you'd likely see an improvement

i know however the way the gearing works on these cars although the RPM is higher the load on the engine is lower so it uses less fuel. you could even try just using 5th instead of 6th at 30mph and you'd likely see an improvement

thanks will try that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links