Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previa 2.4 Gear Changing...

mobeyone

Every now and then, when selecting D the car is very slow to change gears, what could cause this?

I think the gears box problem...you can try check oil gears.oil gears show no leak is good .

Other try..you speed 40m/p you look your rpm(meter cluth speed) may be 4 or 5 rpm is no good but the meter

show 2 or 3 rpm is good.

I think the gears box problem...you can try check oil gears.oil gears show no leak is good .

Other try..you speed 40m/p you look your rpm(meter cluth speed) may be 4 or 5 rpm is no good but the meter

show 2 or 3 rpm is good.

Dont think there is an oil leak, I think the gb dipstick is still reading at normal levels.

How would I check the clutch speed? is this simply by driving? the car drives fine, a little jerky sometimes but most times fine. Can hang onto gears every now and then but I think it may also be the air flow meter. No faults showing.

Just to add, at 40mph, car drives at 2 or just below, accelrates fine but a little sluggish but in a straight line no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

try changing the atf and the gearbox filter it wont hurt it will actually be good for your gearbox you dont want to spend £300 for a second hand unit if its due to bad lubrication or cooling like me...