Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farewell Yaris Owners!

Shappers

Well due to a change in circumstances, it's time to say goodbye to my '58 plate Diesel SR in chilli Red.

DSC00258_rev2.jpg

DSC00240_Rev2.jpg

It has been replaced with an '05 Civic Type R Premier:

civicoutside.jpg

CivicDials.jpg

Its been an interesting 18 months with the car, 15,000 miles covered, 2 warranty issues, 1 recall and an average of just under 50mpg.

For any of those interesting in current market PX prices, the lowest I was offered was £7K, and the best was £8.2K. Pretty horrific depreciation over 18 months if you'd paid list, but given the massive discount I got from new, it's only lost £1400 in 18 months.

Enjoy your yarii guys!

Shappers

I had the old model Civic as my first car and I am still trying to decide which is better, Honda or Toyota. I loved my Civic and I love my Yaris! Both for different reasons which is why I find it hard to distinguish which I like more and why. Your Yaris is a gorgeous example! How can you give it up? The Civic is in good nick too.

well I originally bought the yaris as I wanted something small, cheap to run/insure and very economical. And being a Toyota Fan boy, yaris was the only choice.

Now my annual mileage has fallen through the floor, so there's no need for a diesel, also miss having a performance car!

Looked at a few different cars, Mazda 3MPS, Focus St, Cooper S, Golf GTI etc, but in the end the drive of the Type R made the choice for me! Fantastic car!

It is an amazing car. I'd give anything for your car though! Sadly I've not got any money :(

Right choice with the CTR, fantastic car allround, just keep checking the oil level!

Driving any typeR hard will use as much as 1 litre of oil every 1500k or so.

Don't believe anyone who says the typeR's don't use any oil, the Honda vtec's all do it.

Shame about the Yaris but i don't blame you for one minuite!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas,

it certainly is a very competent car, and got to love that Vtec kick!!

Will keep an eye on oil consumption, the vtech system relies on decent oil pressure so when its running low you don't get no vtec!

I checked all my fluids on my Civic every Sunday morning and gave it a once over. Luckily it only drank oil like a fish. Everything else ran like clockwork. A brilliant car considering it was more than 13 years old!

Thanks fellas,

it certainly is a very competent car, and got to love that Vtec kick!!

Will keep an eye on oil consumption, the vtech system relies on decent oil pressure so when its running low you don't get no vtec!

On my Accord the vtec comes in at 4k, if the car is due an oil change, it feels a bit rough when the vtec comes in so i allways know when it's due aswell as a visual check on the dipstick.

The vtec does rely on the oil pressure you right, but i've never let my oil level drop to try that theory as i would like the engine to last a bit longer yet! :lol:

Oil change every 6 months and a fornightly oil check is good enough for mine though and it's been totally faultless for the 4yrs i've owned it.

Good luck! ;)