Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Impressive Mpg

jjj_aygo

Hi all

collected my wife's aygo blue on wednesday just gone, topped it off just outside the dealers , done 80 miles now mixed driving and still have all the blobs on the fuel gauge - I'm wondering if it's faulty or really not using any gas??? Lol

Not faulty, typically get over 100 miles on first blob!

It is not an evenly graduated scale... it decreases exponentially!

Enjoy your new car! :)

Lol -that's a shame , I thought it was running on air and Toyota had cracked the future fuel shortage. .... Damn!

Hi all

collected my wife's aygo blue on wednesday just gone, topped it off just outside the dealers , done 80 miles now mixed driving and still have all the blobs on the fuel gauge - I'm wondering if it's faulty or really not using any gas??? Lol

Not faulty, typically get over 100 miles on first blob!

It is not an evenly graduated scale... it decreases exponentially!

Enjoy your new car! :)

Lol -that's a shame , I thought it was running on air and Toyota had cracked the future fuel shortage. .... Damn!

Haha that would have been good! ... they will do soon enough though! :thumbsup:

I have been using a free iPhone app (Road Trip Light) to record my 09 1.0L Manual Aygo Black's fuel consumption for the past 5000 miles.

I do a mixture of motorway and town driving. I'm usually the only person in the car and use the aircon perhaps 25% of the time.

My average fuel consumption over this time is in my opinion at least, an extremely impressive 55mpg.

(Best 61.8mpg, worst 50.02mpg)

I think the only way to really find out your car's fuel economy is to measure it like this over an extended period of time.

I did notice that the mpg appeared to improve after the first few thousand miles but I didn't start to accurately record the figures until I got the app, so can't be sure?

I have been using a free iPhone app (Road Trip Light) to record my 09 1.0L Manual Aygo Black's fuel consumption for the past 5000 miles.

I do a mixture of motorway and town driving. I'm usually the only person in the car and use the aircon perhaps 25% of the time.

My average fuel consumption over this time is in my opinion at least, an extremely impressive 55mpg.

I think the only way to really find out your car's fuel economy is to measure it like this over an extended period of time.

I did notice that the mpg appeared to improve after the first few thousand miles but I didn't start to accurately record the figures until I got the app, so can't be sure?

I use that too! And it's so accurate, very handy App to have. I wonder what the "full" version consists of, considering this is called the 'lite' version! Brilliant app, anyone with an iPhone/iPod Touch should download it!

I use that too! And it's so accurate, very handy App to have. I wonder what the "full" version consists of, considering this is called the 'lite' version! Brilliant app, anyone with an iPhone/iPod Touch should download it!

I use it too, I use to use it with my 59reg 1.6TDCI Fiesta Titanium, got my 10reg Aygo last abt a week ago, and done 180 miles on abt 16 pounds worth of petrol with a 1 tank ave of 58.76MPG, but will keep monitoring the MPG and will give a 5 tank and 10 tank ave analysis!! lol

Our last car was a 1300cc A series Metro, it did a genuine 50 mpg (much better than our basic Aygo) and had much better acceleration. It had a manual choke, no cat convertor and no fuel injection, so I suppose thats the price of progress!!

I remain unimpressed.

A bit daft perhaps...... guessing you know these new-fangled cars have five gears and that you're not driving round in 4th gear all the time? :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links