Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulbs! Or Are They Lamps?

Mike JD

Afternoon all,

After seeing topics/links here to autobulbsdirect I took the plunge and replaced head- and foglight bulbs with Ring 100% and Osram 90% brighter bulbs. I didn't believe those wonderful claims for a second and short of getting out there in the middle watches of the night (with the light meter I used to use with medium format cameras?) I can't, of course, measure quite HOW much brighter they are, but the improvement is noticeable and a big help. I kid myself that I have effectively offset some of the cost as I needed to put together a spare bulb set ready for a trip later this year to La Belle Frogland.

There you are - just in case you too were wondering, as I was, whether to part with any hard earned.............. :)

Mike D

thanks for the info :thumbsup:

please can you give us which types you bought as ring and osram has many types of head lights

many thanks,

please can you give us which types you bought as Ring and Osram has many types of head lights

many thanks,

Don't laugh but I am not sure! I used their vehicle/bulb selector. The headlight bulbs were Ring and the Osram nightbreaker bulbs were :blush: for the other vehicle cos while the RAV 4.2 foggers are good the GV's were Toc H lamps whereas the reverse was true for the headlights! There. I have owned up. A wheel in both ruts these days. :rolleyes:

Mike D

please can you give us which types you bought as Ring and Osram has many types of head lights

many thanks,

Don't laugh but I am not sure! I used their vehicle/bulb selector. The headlight bulbs were Ring and the Osram nightbreaker bulbs were :blush: for the other vehicle cos while the RAV 4.2 foggers are good the GV's were Toc H lamps whereas the reverse was true for the headlights! There. I have owned up. A wheel in both ruts these days. :rolleyes:

Mike D

Autobulbs direct website lists 2003 rav as H4 for dip + mains... HB4.9006 for fogs "ring" ultimate 100% brighter :unsure: £21-99 for H/lamps £25-99 Fogs, you MUST double check with your handbook,I assume from this the 4.2 uses one bulb for dip + mains (double filament)hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew