Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locating Alarm Siren

Masterclub

Hi everyone First post here

I have been experiencing random alarm activation even when the alarm is not set (1999 Avensis Estate) Looking through the posts here I want to disable the siren I am not concerned about having the alarm working in any case

I believe that the siren is located in front of the windscreen washer and below the driver side headlight So what is the best way to proceed? Do I need to access it from under the wing ie take off the tyre and the cowling (or whatever) fastened to the wing and do I need to remove the headlight etc Or can I access this from under the bonnet

Many thanks

Hi everyone First post here

I have been experiencing random alarm activation even when the alarm is not set (1999 Avensis Estate) Looking through the posts here I want to disable the siren I am not concerned about having the alarm working in any case

I believe that the siren is located in front of the windscreen washer and below the driver side headlight So what is the best way to proceed? Do I need to access it from under the wing ie take off the tyre and the cowling (or whatever) fastened to the wing and do I need to remove the headlight etc Or can I access this from under the bonnet

Many thanks

Hi, the alarm is indeed in the osf corner, you can usually access the siren plug if you just remove the headlamp, or if wish to remove the unit then just by pulling back the first half of the arch liner should give you enough access, very common problem, they get wet and corrode inside, if you remove it, unscrew the cover and have a look, some can be impressive how they still work at all.

Hi, the alarm is indeed in the osf corner, you can usually access the siren plug if you just remove the headlamp, or if wish to remove the unit then just by pulling back the first half of the arch liner should give you enough access, very common problem, they get wet and corrode inside, if you remove it, unscrew the cover and have a look, some can be impressive how they still work at all.

I managed to get pull back part of the arch liner as you mention but could see no sign of anything that resembles an alarm I can spot the cabling to the various lights and the washer but nothing else Do I need to take off the headlight as well? Any further clarification would be helpful

Thanks

I did this yesterday. I took out the headlight on the drivers side (easier written than done, top tip take the side light out first) and there it was. Unplugged it, no more noise :thumbsup:

I did this yesterday. I took out the headlight on the drivers side (easier written than done, top tip take the side light out first) and there it was. Unplugged it, no more noise :thumbsup:

i was just wondering.. i have owned a 98 model avensis gs for about a year now, the remote locking/ unlcking has never worked at all..it says in the service history that the alarm was dissabled by the garage at some point.. do you think this is why the remote fobs dont work ?? i have tried in the past to reset the fobs, but to no avail..( i probably did it wrong as its quite confusing and its hard to get the correct procedure for my year of car) any help much appreciated..

Rob

i was just wondering.. i have owned a 98 model avensis gs for about a year now, the remote locking/ unlcking has never worked at all..it says in the service history that the alarm was dissabled by the garage at some point.. do you think this is why the remote fobs dont work ?? i have tried in the past to reset the fobs, but to no avail..( i probably did it wrong as its quite confusing and its hard to get the correct procedure for my year of car) any help much appreciated..

Rob

Maybe they disabled it by removing the door sensor. There is a little rubber covered button inside the door, if you pull the rubber bit out you can see the push mechanism that tells the car if the door is open or shut. If they disabled those then you wont be able to program new keys as it involves opening and closing the drivers door. I disabled mine before I did the sensor. I took the spring out of it and taped it down with duct tape as a temp fix before I disabled the siren. Its causing me problems now as I need to reprogram a key and Ive lost the spring. Doh!

Rob

Maybe they disabled it by removing the door sensor. There is a little rubber covered button inside the door, if you pull the rubber bit out you can see the push mechanism that tells the car if the door is open or shut. If they disabled those then you wont be able to program new keys as it involves opening and closing the drivers door. I disabled mine before I did the sensor. I took the spring out of it and taped it down with duct tape as a temp fix before I disabled the siren. Its causing me problems now as I need to reprogram a key and Ive lost the spring. Doh!

no mate, the interior light works fine so the door sensors are ok,( well, when there is a bulb in it) i have tried all mannor of things to try and get the remote locking to work, the car came with 3 keys 2 of which are fobs,i have changed the batteries also, to no avail, surley BOTH the keys cannot befaulty... agghhhh..i give up.. :(

nice post, helped me to locate the alarm in my Avensis GS 00 quite easily and disconnect it. I losm my key while walking in Wicklow mountains, spare one has brocken chip board :(.

Anybody knows if connecting to the onboard computer may disble the alarm (TVSS as per manual) by changing/resetting some settings?

thanks a lot!

• 9 months later...

Alarm Siren against theft liked it very difficult for housewives and children to use the function and specifications established by the security system. Maintaining a unique access code is the major problem. And its use when electricity is not available, is also a problem. But security is gettable these days on the market many problems have been solved and the support of electricity is also provided. The alarm can directly call the police and security authorities.

Alarmanlage Haus

• 8 years later...

Same problem - took main dealer's advice to call AA - here within 2 hours - jacked up a little & extracted alarm from underneath like a rotten tooth!  Job done.