Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Cut Heart From Friend's Chest

Raistlin

3E952E8DA1ECB4EB3A48F2CD2384F.jpg

A man accused of cutting his friend's heart from his chest and tearing off his face will be charged with murder, although his attorney blamed the death on a psychotic break his client suffered after taking magic mushrooms.

A judge's ruling cleared the way for Jarrod Wyatt, 26, to be arraigned on charges of murder, aggravated mayhem and torture over the killing of Taylor Powell, 21, of Crescent City, California.

Del Norte County Sheriff's Deputy Elwood Lee testified that he arrived at the scene in March to find Wyatt naked and covered head to toe in dried blood.

The body on the couch next to Wyatt had an 18in incision in the chest and most of its face removed, deputy Lee said.

"I killed him," Deputy Lee said Wyatt told him.

Wyatt said he and Mr Powell practised mixed martial arts together.

Defence attorney James Fallman said his client had a psychotic episode and believed that Mr Powell was possessed by the devil.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," Mr Fallman said. "I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had."

In an attempt to get the charges against Wyatt lowered, his attorney tried to argue that Wyatt believed Mr Powell was threatening Ms Bailey and overreacted trying to defend her.

Del Norte County Superior Court Judge William Follett ruled prosecutors had enough evidence to try Wyatt for murder...

Not mushroom to defend that unsure.giflaugh.gif

I guess he wasn't a Fungi... biggrin.gif

You two are pretty heartless if you ask me :D :lol:

You two are pretty heartless if you ask me :D :lol:

We didn't :shutit: :lol:

You two are pretty heartless if you ask me biggrin.giflaugh.gif

We do our best... angel_not.gif

The fact that he was on drugs is irrelevant. He should have known that being under the influence of drugs has unforseen effects and shouldn't have taken any!