Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Modifications Ongoingggggggg

DAUD

Hello peepz, been joined a while thought i might actually start a thread, well its ma other halfs silver 1 litre platinum aygo mint car btw nippier than i thought lol anyway modifications ongoing big list just put headunit in, a set of components Speakers vibe 6inchers custom job, an vibe 100mm dash Speakers, led side lights and philips bluevision headlight bulbs, vibe decals in side windows, lot more to come tints alloys subwoofer, audi style lights so keep an eye here will post pictures soon as i take them of the inside ;)

for the moment quick snaps of outside alongside my runabout car at the moment thanks :D

Aygo with just led sidelights on the dims basically not low beams

29052010137.jpg

Side snap tonight vibe stickers on back side windows

03062010145.jpg

quick snap of vibe dash speaker

01062010142.jpg

more to come keep an eye thanks ;)

Nice. Yes - as you say they're nippy cars

Nice. Yes - as you say they're nippy cars

thanks for the comment, yes they are took out a 1.3 micra lol

well small update, led strips for front ordered also blue neon's for foot-wells and blue dash lights also tax disc holder will get pictures soon not had the chance :)

You forgot the top bolt on the speaker. I know they kan be a pain in the behind to fit,

but without you're much more likely to get an "acoustic leak"...

You forgot the top bolt on the speaker. I know they kan be a pain in the behind to fit,

but without you're much more likely to get an "acoustic leak"...

yeah a know hadnt fitted it then i have now thanks

I thought about buying same VIBE Speakers as you but thought they might have had dificulty fitting due to large magnets.

Seems they fit OK.

Notice same problem I had. The original Speakers fastenings are too far apart.

Dont leave it secured by just one bolt that may effect sound quality particularly at higher volumes.

post-93033-127585342768_thumb.jpg

If you see in my pic its ok to secure over edge, even better to use a larger washer.

Oh and disconnect the original tweeters they really are not good. I have had some success with original tweeters in other cars but these are poor even by standard factory fit comparison.

For what its worth I got a resonable coulour match with this JVC Head unit. Black is a bit too black but customizable colours does provide a match.

With lights off

post-93033-127585349929_thumb.jpg

With lights on, I should take a picture in the dark.

post-93033-127585347993_thumb.jpg

Whats this HU like, well its been a very expensive model, now being sold cheap as its old. Sound is good if a little clinical

Connectability ,IPOD NO, USB NO, SD card YES (upto 2Gb think, well works with my 1Gb but not 8Gb) , Line in YES , PREOUTS = 3 , CD CDR mp3,wma support but not it seems aac.

I thought about buying same VIBE speakers as you but thought they might have had dificulty fitting due to large magnets.

Seems they fit OK.

Notice same problem I had. The original speakers fastenings are too far apart.

Dont leave it secured by just one bolt that may effect sound quality particularly at higher volumes.

post-93033-127585342768_thumb.jpg

If you see in my pic its ok to secure over edge, even better to use a larger washer.

Oh and disconnect the original tweeters they really are not good. I have had some success with original tweeters in other cars but these are poor even by standard factory fit comparison.

For what its worth I got a resonable coulour match with this JVC Head unit. Black is a bit too black but customizable colours does provide a match.

With lights off

post-93033-127585349929_thumb.jpg

With lights on, I should take a picture in the dark.

post-93033-127585347993_thumb.jpg

Whats this HU like, well its been a very expensive model, now being sold cheap as its old. Sound is good if a little clinical

Connectability ,IPOD NO, USB NO, SD card YES (upto 2Gb think, well works with my 1Gb but not 8Gb) , Line in YES , PREOUTS = 3 , CD CDR mp3,wma support but not it seems aac.

Yeah the dash ones fit fine mate, need spacers for the door ones will get pictures soon.

yeah thanks alot a noticed did have abit of difficulty putting the second screw on.

yeah well myself am in to pioneers love them can never go wrong but urez is nice.

and av got components in and replaced the original tweeters with the vibe ones thank for the info.

Sorry dude, but that Micra looks like a 4x4 with the gap between the arches,and wheels. Any thought of it getting lowered?

Sorry dude, but that Micra looks like a 4x4 with the gap between the arches,and wheels. Any thought of it getting lowered?

dont know yet mate just keeping it as a run around a know it does look weird.

really not a fan of the LEDs on cars which aren't meant for them, but hey - each to their own etc

Front: Looked into components. Thought about changing the tweeters: buying 10cm single driver with tweeter , very few options. buying 10cm non coax and tweeter separate again next to no options. Looking at over £100. Best just to disconnect the tweeters and fit good coax like the TS-E1002i I got for half the price. Even these are probably too good concidering restrictions imposed by the poor location.

Rear: Door speekers. Default is 10cm also, can go upto 13cms quite easy but again the mounting is not good. Speakers are tilted down which is rubbish. Trim provides poor rigidity which is also rubbish. Think about £25 on a set of 10cm coax is as much as its worth spending. If you want better than that probably buy 13cm components then you can at least mount the tweeters in a better higher location.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links