Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jilted Cabbie Blows Up Ex-Lover's Home

Raistlin

article-1283368-09DB2985000005DC-788_634x415.jpg

A taxi driver who blew up his girlfriend's house after she dumped him has been jailed for six years.

Alistair Gray poured petrol around the home he had shared with Jane Thornton and set fire to it, causing a blast which destroyed the semi-detached house.

The explosion killed Miss Thornton's dog and also caused £74,000 of damage to the house next door.

Neighbours reported seeing Gray emerging from the rubble and 'laughing maniacally' after the blast.

When asked what had happened, he replied: 'It's a long story.'

The couple had been in a relationship for four years, Maidstone Crown Court heard.

Edmund Burge, prosecuting, showed the judge photographs of the damage and said: 'It effectively blew the house apart.

'The force of the explosion brought virtually every neighbour in the vicinity outside to see what happened.

They saw Mr Gray leaving the rubble. He was described by a number of witnesses as laughing maniacally.'

Gray, who was badly burned in the blast, was taken to hospital by air ambulance.

He admitted arson, telling the court: 'I was in a dark place.'

Miss Thornton later discovered her house had not been insured as a direct debit to the bank had been cancelled because her partner had not kept up with the payments.

She said: 'He left me with just the clothes I was wearing. He has completely ruined my life and left me with nothing.' Referring to Gray's sentence, her mother Vivian said: 'It should have been longer. He will probably be out in about three years.'

What is it about cabbies?

Perhaps "Grumpy" can give us an insight?

:fear: Balli will be along later and "av a bit of you" for that, I'm certain :2guns:

:laughing:

Be warned ! Don't pi$$ off anyone fear.gif It could be YOU laughing.gif

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

He obviously can't provide an Insight because he drives a Prius! :wacko:

Apparently if you can manage to get your hands on him it's supposed to do you some good.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8339647.stm

He obviously can't provide an Insight because he drives a Prius! :wacko:

Apparently if you can manage to get your hands on him it's supposed to do you some good.........

First off , What is it about anyone that can do such a thing , personally its beyond my comprehension , so one shouldn't generalise , and in asking the question , i'm sure Sagitar had the main news story on his mind , of the cabbie that went on the rampage kiling 12 people yesterday , its nothing to do with being a Cabbie or any other profession its down to the individual in question , and how their mind works , some people are born with psychotic tendencies , others are triggered by something that has gone wrong in their lives .

Secondly , i have read the report in the link above , the thing that baffles me is how is it possible to conduct a studie of this kind , i mean the people he studied , were they always in a good or foul mood , i don't get how he could have conducted such a study because you dont just wake up and decide you are in a foul mood , something has to happen to put you in that mood , or did the guy conducting the report just stand outside his premises and drag people in off the street , ie , " good morning sir and how are you today , good mood or bad ? , do you have an hour to spare ? , oh good ." .... What a load of Bull , personally i would'nt read anything into that report , sorry :rolleyes:

He obviously can't provide an Insight because he drives a Prius! wacko.gif

First off , What is it about anyone that can do such a thing , personally its beyond my comprehension , so one shouldn't generalise , and in asking the question , i'm sure Sagitar had the main news story on his mind , of the cabbie that went on the rampage kiling 12 people yesterday , its nothing to do with being a Cabbie or any other profession its down to the individual in question , and how their mind works , some people are born with psychotic tendencies , others are triggered by something that has gone wrong in their lives .

Secondly , i have read the report in the link above , the thing that baffles me is how is it possible to conduct a studie of this kind , i mean the people he studied , were they always in a good or foul mood , i don't get how he could have conducted such a study because you dont just wake up and decide you are in a foul mood , something has to happen to put you in that mood , or did the guy conducting the report just stand outside his premises and drag people in off the street , ie , " good morning sir and how are you today , good mood or bad ? , do you have an hour to spare ? , oh good ." .... What a load of Bull , personally i would'nt read anything into that report , sorry

I agree, it is incidental what the chap did for a living.

It's all about the destruction of the house and the reasoning behind it... blowup.gif

If you get dumped, thats that. Go find someone, shag them silly and get over it :)

I agree, it is incidental what the chap did for a living.

It's all about the destruction of the house and the reasoning behind it... blowup.gif

I'm just sitting here thinking to myself , i have had the most foulest of days , set off for southend this morning , got stuck in a traffic jam just before rayleigh , crawled in mostly first and a bit in second gear for a couple of miles before deciding to take a backroute and head for westcliff , got stuck in traffic there too it was a !Removed! complete nightmare , eventually gets down to the seafront and not a parking space to be had and traffic backed up in both directions , made our way off the front to find a carpark .. all full , so crawled to leigh on sea to see if we could get parked down by the cockle sheds , nope all full also , starting to get wound up now , so head back out to southend to see if by luck we can find a parking space , end up sitting in more traffic going nowhere , so decide to give it up as a lost cause , my wife and son bail out and head for the seafront , i turn the car around and head for the nearest escape route back to romford on my own , almost got killed by a prat of a lorry driver who got the hump with me because i was there :blink: he's coming up the slip road to join my section of the road and arrives along-side me expecting me to shift into the right hand lane in order to give him free passage , however the right hand lane is chocker block so no can do , can't slow up cos don't want to get rear ended , so sorry mister lorry driver you'll just have to slow up on the slip and wait your turn , so he gets on his horn and comes out anyway narrowly missing the back of my car cuts the bloke up in the outside lane puts his foot down comes along my offside then swerves in sharply across the front of me then back out again , what an utter prxck , so eventually gets home having spent the best part of 5 hours in the car on a beautifully sunny hot day having done nothing but got hot under the collar , the thing is i don't even !Removed! like southend , i only really go there because my kids do and there's plenty of things for them there to enjoy , the highlight for me is leigh on sea , we always make our way there later on in the day and head for the cockle sheds for the best cockles , jellied eels , prawns in essex :drool: and a pint of real ale .... ansom :yes:

Anyway back to the point in hand , i was going to head off to work shortly but can't be bothered now cause iv'e still got the ar-se ache and its just dawned on me , i loaned the bloke across the road my socket set a couple of days ago and his wife brought it back yesterday when i was out , so i checks it when i got in before putting it away and notices that there are 2 pieces missing , one of which renders half the set useless if you don't have it , so i go's over and explains that there are a couple of bits missing , and can they have a look for them in their own time and let me have them back , i'm told that the set is how i gave it to them , so i must be mistaken , ok says i , no problem ... now naturally i'm really ****** off because i have had that set for years and never lost a piece , and i know for a fact that the set was complete because i checked it before handing it over . so's while i'm sitting here in a foul mood because of what went on earlier today and brooding on it i'm just wondering what their punishment should be .... just wondering if i should sneak over and blow their house up while their out :blowup: ..... must be a cabbie thing :rolleyes::Jumpy::laughing: :lol2: ................ oh Sod it

i think i'll just put my feet up instead and watch michael douglas in Falling Down :laughing: Sorry to disappoint Sagitar :D

Oh and for those that have never seen it i thouroughly recommend it , very entertaining , here's a couple of snippets .

Contains Strong Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8qT9Xop5k