Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latvia Blondes Hold Festival To Beat Recession Blues

Raistlin

_47954181_009404431-1.jpg

Hundreds of blonde Latvian women have been marching through the capital Riga to try to bolster the national spirit in time of recession.

Most of the participants dressed in pink and wore high heels.

The blonde parade began last year and was planned as a one-off but it is back by popular demand and is now a two-day festival.

Latvia has been hit badly by recession. Its economy shrank by 18% in 2009 and it has Europe's highest unemployment.

'Proud to be blonde' The BBC's Damien McGuinness, who attended the festival, says that this might not be everyone's idea of female emancipation but if the aim was to bring a smile to recession-weary Latvians, the idea certainly worked.

He says there are parties, concerts and a Marilyn Monroe lookalike competition.

Money collected from the event will go to Latvian charities.

Marika Gederte, president of the Latvian Association of Blondes, told the BBC the idea came out of the economic gloom. "I was so tired, you know, every day opening the computer and reading the newspapers and just reading about problems. We decided... let's do something nice. And I asked myself the question: what can I do for my country? And this is what I did... We are very proud to be blonde."

Next year, our correspondent says, Riga's blonde ambitions are even bigger, with a blonde carnival planned - like Rio, just a little bit blonder...

Now that's being public spirited :D

Truly, Latvian girls are absolutely stunning :thumbsup:

I have a few friends among the Latvian community here. Most of them are blonde, & nicer people you couldn't wish to meet :yahoo::kisss:

Bad eggs in every basket, of course, but the majority are fantastic :fox:

Marika Gederte, president of the Latvian Association of Blondes

They have an association? wow, Can I be an honourary observer? :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Why did I know you would be the first to comment on a post with women in... biggrin.gif

Note to ones self. Must copy and paste the hottie in the pink socks.......second from the right........Oooh errrr

Some great pics biggrin.gif, not sure about the dog though...

Sex is sex...

Euch thats horrible!

Post a pic of a blone with the biggest tatas there :D

Ive just searched Latvian blonde babes and was suprised what popped up on my works PC :naughty: Normally "That" sort of thing is blocked :lol:

Not for posting here me thinks :D:

Ive just searched Latvian blonde babes and was suprised what popped up on my works PC naughty.gif Normally "That" sort of thing is blocked laugh.gif

Not for posting here me thinks biggrin.gif:

Kingo thumbsup.gif

It seems your back on the "Plenty" post biggrin.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

19333495.jpg

Told you all, didn't I ? You didn't believe the voice of experience & much research, O ye of little faith :lol:

Told you all, didn't I ? You didn't believe the voice of experience & much research, O ye of little faith laugh.gif

(kneels down an chants) I'm not worthy... no.gif

Funny [?] story, NOW :wacko:

I nearly got married to a lovely girl form Riga, about 4 years ago, by accident :eek: No harm posting it as she is extremely unlikely to see it :unsure: Twould have been the best accident of my life :thumbsup:

She worked in a shop, though had attended the National Academy of music in Riga for 4 years & was also a qualified Dental Nurse. We were messing about one day & I said something & she retorted. I said, then "If you aren't careful XXXX [no names] I'll have to marry you" She went the colour of a tomato and said " I'll have to theeeenk about that, Veeector !" I said to her to have a good hard think & retreated.

I thought that that was the end of it until about 3 weeks later, she said, out of the blue "I'm still theeeenking, Veeeector" I can't remember what I babbled, but that was the end of it. :yes: As I said, I couldn't have done better :angel:

I retired & we kept in touch, but she is now married to another Latvian who worked with her. He is a very unreasonable Husband, in that we were to meet up for a coffee & a chat, & he put down his foot :banned:

Funny [?] story, NOW wacko.gif

I nearly got married to a lovely girl form Riga, about 4 years ago, by accident eek.gif No harm posting it as she is extremely unlikely to see it unsure.gif Twould have been the best accident of my life thumbsup.gif

She worked in a shop, though had attended the National Academy of Music in Riga for 4 years & was also a qualified Dental Nurse. We were messing about one day & I said something & she retorted. I said, then "If you aren't careful XXXX [no names] I'll have to marry you" She went the colour of a tomato and said " I'll have to theeeenk about that, Veeector !" I said to her to have a good hard think & retreated.

I thought that that was the end of it until about 3 weeks later, she said, out of the blue "I'm still theeeenking, Veeeector" I can't remember what I babbled, but that was the end of it. yes.gif As I said, I couldn't have done better angel.gif

I retired & we kept in touch, but she is now married to another Latvian who worked with her. He is a very unreasonable Husband, in that we were to meet up for a coffee & a chat, & he put down his foot banned.gif

If you got a stiffy would that be Riga Mortice rolleyes.gif

Whooosh..............

The sound of a missed opportunity biggrin.gif

:toast: I defy anyone to beat that terrible, spontaneous pun :shutit: :sick:

Gentlemen, we have a genius in our midst! :alien:

toast.gif I defy anyone to beat that terrible, spontaneous pun shutup.gifsick.gif

Gentlemen, we have a genius in our midst! alien.gif

It's magic...

toast.gif I defy anyone to beat that terrible, spontaneous pun shutup.gifsick.gif

Gentlemen, we have a genius in our midst! alien.gif

It's magic...

Blonde Magic & not the other sort {sez he quickly, to avoid charges of racist remarks :fear: }

If you met for coffee would it be a lati? (groan!)

Sorry, best I could do.............I know I know I wont bother next time :lol: