Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knock On Lock

sonsdad

I have an 03 Yaris that as done around 25000 miles. Since around 9000 miles I have been able to hear a knocking sound when making a slow right hand turn.Despite letting two mechanics look at it they have been unable to pin it down and have both suggested to wait until it gets worse. I have had had a CV joint replaced but this did not cure the fault. The suggestion is that it may be a gearbox issue but with such low mileage this seems strange. I am wondering if this is a known problem and if anyone can help

Thanks for looking

You have an 03 Yaris that has only done 25000?! Is it a car that only gets driven on Sunday?!

I have an 03 Yaris that as done around 25000 miles. Since around 9000 miles I have been able to hear a knocking sound when making a slow right hand turn.Despite letting two mechanics look at it they have been unable to pin it down and have both suggested to wait until it gets worse. I have had had a CV joint replaced but this did not cure the fault. The suggestion is that it may be a gearbox issue but with such low mileage this seems strange. I am wondering if this is a known problem and if anyone can help

Thanks for looking

Has the suspension strut/spring assembly and wheel bearings been checked? Possible Anti Roll Bar bushes gone? :unsure:

Thanks for a helpful response, I will suggest that. I was really wondering if this was a known fault. I have another Yaris (W reg) that is fine after 90000.

Once again thanks for the suggestion.

It's the front arb bushes.

Rubber/bushes/bearings, etc will fail in a lower mileage vehicles due to drying out etc. Bearings also get flat spots and seize. Lack of use seems to be your problem, rather than wearing the things out with over-use!

Plus, if it is the ARB bushes, they are not too good from the offset. Many peeps nag about them.

I did have a CV joint replaced but that did not do the job. My mechanic is on holiday, when he returns I will make him aware of what you have all said. Once again thank you.

I did have a CV joint replaced but that did not do the job. My mechanic is on holiday, when he returns I will make him aware of what you have all said. Once again thank you.

My bad, poor reading skills :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links