Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control

allanh57

Is anyone else fed up with the way the recirculating switch automatically turns on when you have your temperature set low, even when aircon is switched off!!!

I find this very annoying and my local dealer says there is nothiong they can do about it!!! Surely we dont need air recirculating until aircon is turned on.

Your dealer can disable this by altering something when they plug the car into the computer, I had mine done last summer when they did the service ;)

Your dealer can disable this by altering something when they plug the car into the computer, I had mine done last summer when they did the service ;)

Had a service today, dealer said they couldn't do anything about it!! :ffs:

Trust me our dealer did this for us as well as altering the sensitivity on the automatic lights, I suggest you go back to your dealer and inform them it can be done and will also add that I had this done for free as MR T was already doing the service at the time

Trust me our dealer did this for us as well as altering the sensitivity on the automatic lights, I suggest you go back to your dealer and inform them it can be done and will also add that I had this done for free as MR T was already doing the service at the time

Thanks for the info, will give it a try, dont hold out much hope though, Toyota Trowbridge = RUBBISH!!!!

When I asked about this - they told me it can be done. To me it's better when the automatical circulation is off. I know that the air inside the car gets cooler in a shorter period of time with circulation on, as the car doesn't have to bring in new air and make it cold, but on the other hand the air quality gets worse if it's the same one which is being circulated all over again.

So from what I did understand the auto circulation is enabled from the factory? This is a bit confusing because I believe I had it disabled originally. After I took my car to Toyota because of some warranty reasons (MM-T transmission, rattles) which had nothing to do with the air condition, I noticed that the circulation goes on automatically when I start the car and it's hot inside/outside. However my dealer told me that they did not change the settings. What's the truth?

And as we started discussing this, maybe someone knows what other options it's possible to enable/disable/change at the same time with circulation? I've asked about it and they told me something about default air blowing speed and blowing position (top/middle/bottom) but don't remember what did they exactly tell me as it happened last summer.

My dealer also told me that it is impossible to change it :censor:

Your dealer is obviously lazy and haven't figured out that it can be used as a good way to collect some money.

My dealer is more clever, he told me that all the options that I want can be changed, but it will cost 15€/option w00t :huh:.

Well our T180 is evidence that they don't know what they are talking about, when I asked our dealer they did not know but I mention I had heard that it was an option with the computer like altering the lights (sensitivity level on auto lights) and they said they would look. When I collected the car around 3 hours later this was all done with the service.

I think there is details in the manual about areas that can be customised by the dealership.

When I asked about this - they told me it can be done. To me it's better when the automatical circulation is off. I know that the air inside the car gets cooler in a shorter period of time with circulation on, as the car doesn't have to bring in new air and make it cold, but on the other hand the air quality gets worse if it's the same one which is being circulated all over again.

So from what I did understand the auto circulation is enabled from the factory? This is a bit confusing because I believe I had it disabled originally. After I took my car to Toyota because of some warranty reasons (MM-T transmission, rattles) which had nothing to do with the air condition, I noticed that the circulation goes on automatically when I start the car and it's hot inside/outside. However my dealer told me that they did not change the settings. What's the truth?

And as we started discussing this, maybe someone knows what other options it's possible to enable/disable/change at the same time with circulation? I've asked about it and they told me something about default air blowing speed and blowing position (top/middle/bottom) but don't remember what did they exactly tell me as it happened last summer.

Cannot comment on your AC issues but please let us know about the MMT issues.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an option in the customization section of the ECU set-up. They can change it 100% for sure. Doesn't mean they know how, though.

I think the service for MT issues includes flashing new software onto the ECU. That's how it got turned on in your case.

I might be mistaken, but I believe there is actually one of those strange Toyota manual overrides, where you have to turn the car on, off, put it in reverse, open the windows, close the door, open the passenger's cup holder and then repeat everything in reverse order, and it does the same thing as disabling it with the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the customization settings for Auris:

custom.jpg

So, basically the Air Inlet Mode has to be set to Manual by lour local Toyota skilled expert official mechanic. :yahoo: