Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg Report

boozehound

Right, as your aware i recently defected to volkswagen and got a scirocco gt 210ps dsg etc etc blah blah blah.

Anyways, recently i have been cruising around sub-urbia like i used to do in the auris T180 i had. Well remember when i posted the topic about me achieving an absolutly dreadful 16mpg with the a/c on full blast? Well today i achieved 29mpg with the a/c on full blast in the scirocco. Not bad for a 207hp petrol. I do therefore now finally believe and conclude that diesel particulate technology zaps the diesel.

Hope this helps people with their next car choices.

Hi booze

Glad your liking your new car. There are a few lads in my office that class that as one of their dream cars.

It is a nice motor mate. Great DSG box and sweet engine. I reckon you'll be getting mid 30's on the m-way.

2p less in fuel too per litre and you've lost what, 5 - 7mpg over the t180? On your mileage which i think is probably 10k or less from memory? your looking at about £4 per week more. Peanuts!!!

Pop back from time to time and let us know how you are getting on. I might have my 335d by then but i will still be around here too.

• Like 1

Right, as your aware i recently defected to volkswagen and got a scirocco gt 210ps dsg etc etc blah blah blah.

Anyways, recently i have been cruising around sub-urbia like i used to do in the auris T180 i had. Well remember when i posted the topic about me achieving an absolutly dreadful 16mpg with the a/c on full blast? Well today i achieved 29mpg with the a/c on full blast in the scirocco. Not bad for a 207hp petrol. I do therefore now finally believe and conclude that diesel particulate technology zaps the diesel.

Hope this helps people with their next car choices.

You will be wanting this then!! :P

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/register.php

Hi booze

Glad your liking your new car. There are a few lads in my office that class that as one of their dream cars.

It is a nice motor mate. Great DSG box and sweet engine. I reckon you'll be getting mid 30's on the m-way.

2p less in fuel too per litre and you've lost what, 5 - 7mpg over the t180? On your mileage which i think is probably 10k or less from memory? your looking at about £4 per week more. Peanuts!!!

Pop back from time to time and let us know how you are getting on. I might have my 335d by then but i will still be around here too.

Not sure about the comment about the great DSG box.

Been reading lots of stuff about how many faults owners are reporting.

As much as I criticise Toyota for the recent drop in quality I would rather have any Toyota than the rubbish the Germans are churning out lately.

The myth about superior German engineering is indeed just a myth.

I work on it every day.

Hope you enjoy your VW.

i just cant understand why i was only getting 16.1mpg in the auris but now i get 29mpg for the same driving with the a/c on full blast. Its definitly got to be that 5th injector

16.1! I couldn't never get mine below 37 on my daily journey. My worst ever was a series of short winter journeys which did about 34mpg but that climbed and tank combined was about 36 - 37.

I'm currently showing 46MPG!!!

And that is with Tesco Diesel. I nearly died when the Mrs told me she had to put 15 quids worth of tesco in because it was low. Thats the first time i've ever put anyting other than Shell or BP in the car in 3 years since new.

Annoyingly it seems to be sticking at 46mpg, even touching 47mpg on the way home today before i got to the town. Maybe a couple of MPG better than last weeks Shell tank.

i just cant understand why i was only getting 16.1mpg in the auris but now i get 29mpg for the same driving with the a/c on full blast. Its definitly got to be that 5th injector

I would take the 16.1 mpg with a pinch of salt, I know for sure if your car was only doing 16mpg or even if it was 25mpg you would have had it booked in a Toyota months if not years ago. I can fill the tank at Morrisons then drive to asda and our mpg will be similar but this is due to traffic lights and slightly uphill driving. As for the VW 29mpg then wait a while to it has run in and dont expect much more than 20mpg (if your lucky) in the winter when doing short journeys ;)

Ive never heard of anybody with a Toyota never mind a T180 getting that low an MPG, surely you would have clouds of black smoke pouring from the exhaust at 16 MPG?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi booze

Not sure about the comment about the great DSG box.

Been reading lots of stuff about how many faults owners are reporting.

As much as I criticise Toyota for the recent drop in quality I would rather have any Toyota than the rubbish the Germans are churning out lately.

The myth about superior German engineering is indeed just a myth.

I work on it every day.

Hope you enjoy your VW.

I've just came over from German cars. The Auris is my first Toyota.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that statement. I've been very underwhelmed with the Auris so far. I've had 5 German cars in a row, and have had less build quality issues with them over 6yrs, than I have in a fortnight with the Auris. Admittedly 4 of those 5 cars were premium marques Audi & BMW. However even VW didn't give any issues at all.

i cant complain at present with vw either, but then again only had the car for barely 2 days. I will keep you all posted with mpg reports.

Ive never heard of anybody with a Toyota never mind a T180 getting that low an MPG, surely you would have clouds of black smoke pouring from the exhaust at 16 MPG?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Agree. I know very little about engines etc. I just love driving, (I know I'm leaving myself wide open here)but it seems to me that there must be something wrong with the car as opposed to the model.

When I was down in Aberdeen/Elgin this week I managed to get 47.8 MPG out of my 2 liter Auris and it was filled with alot of stuff and Dad ;

That was driving at 60 with no AC on which I was surprised at because I never thought I would see nearly 48 MPG.

fair play but were talking about the 2.2 here. Well when i got 16.1 mpg all i can say is tht the a/c was on full blast and this was from a cold start but with the weather being so damn hot i dont think it would have made much difference if the engine was on its first start of the day. So i concluded that it was either the 5th injector (which im not sure about now because i did not have tons of black smoke coming out of the pipe) or that the a/c system in the auris uses a massive amount of engine power to run the compressor.

just filled up now from a quarter of a tank, £62.79 97 octane. Ive put the stats into fuelly.com so will no the average mpg tankwise next fuel up. Will keep u posted.

So you haven't found the VW Owners website yet? :yawn:

I think that maybe Toyota owners are not really interested in how good your week old VW is...............I seem to remember that you were quite "enthusiastic" about your Toyota when you first got it.

I am sure that your fellow VW owners on their site will be as enthusiastic about their cars as you appear to be :yawn: ;) :)

yeah im a member of the vw group, i miss the auris 180 for sure but i just think that the dpf technology is still a lil new. At the moment i average 30mpg in suburbia were the auris struggled to reach tht mpg. I would usually get between 25-27 in the auris. Thats what i dont understand, and obv the a/c used alot of power from the engine as was shown a few weeks ago when i got 16.1mpg lol.

yeah im a member of the vw group, i miss the auris 180 for sure but i just think that the dpf technology is still a lil new. At the moment i average 30mpg in suburbia were the auris struggled to reach tht mpg. I would usually get between 25-27 in the auris. Thats what i dont understand, and obv the a/c used alot of power from the engine as was shown a few weeks ago when i got 16.1mpg lol.

Well as you now our car is being looked at by Toyota but over the last 2 days we have had 29MPG local with AC on, IMO the AC does not hurt a diesel MPG as much due to the high torque of a diesel engine hence less effort to work the AC pump.

My mpg might get better as well once the engine has been broken in, who knows. Time will tell.

Boozehound I know you lease your cars so if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the T180 and what does the VW cost? The reason I ask is I took a look at leasing 18months ago but never went that far.

well the auris was through one of me dads companies as a buisiness contract hire car but the scirocco is on personal finance. The sircocco i got in the end costed 31k, the auris when the deal was signed cost £19,495. But obviously i think i only ended up paying about 11k's worth through the monthly payments. I cant be exactly sure on the figures.

well the auris was through one of me dads companies as a buisiness contract hire car but the scirocco is on personal finance. The sircocco i got in the end costed 31k, the auris when the deal was signed cost £19,495. But obviously i think i only ended up paying about 11k's worth through the monthly payments. I cant be exactly sure on the figures.

I was worried when I started to follow this post. But I have come to the conclusion you live in a different world to me. Good luck to you and well done. I'm happy though, I bought a car (SR180) I like at a price I can afford. (I have read this through again and don't think it's offensive, I really hope not). My point is that (if I am normal)we buy a car we think will give a little bit of status, a little thrill, and a little pride, is nice to drive and will get us on holiday once a year. Good luck to you and your new car(s).

I was worried when I started to follow this post. But I have come to the conclusion you live in a different world to me. Good luck to you and well done. I'm happy though, I bought a car (SR180) I like at a price I can afford. (I have read this through again and don't think it's offensive, I really hope not). My point is that (if I am normal)we buy a car we think will give a little bit of status, a little thrill, and a little pride, is nice to drive and will get us on holiday once a year. Good luck to you and your new car(s).

Jike,

I have given up responding to certain posts because they were either becomming a platform for abuse (through sheer frustration of reading nothing constructive rambling and showing off and obvious moronic connotations), or other worldly ridiculous nonsensical crap that doesn't even belong in this once useful forum.

:!Removed!:

Anyway. I am now going to buy myself a Bugatti Veyron and I will be reporting back RIGHT HERE and let you all know how economical it is.

WISH ME LUCK.

Dont take this the wrong way you either earn stupid money or you have more money than sense, to spend around £11k on a car which only does around 12k then you give it back and have nothing to show for all your money. You paid around £1 a mile for the Auris + Fuel and wear and tear so this must have made it very expensive.

Yes I have moaned recently about the MPG has this is around 15% lower than we used to get but otherwise we are very happy with our T180 and does everything we want from the car just like Jike has said, best of all I may have bought it 15months old but I suspect if I sold the car today we would only loose between £1000-£1500 max so overhaul we have done ok.

Well with the auris being a company car there are many tax benefits to be had, not to mention the buisiness is vat registered so we claim the vat back. These factors counter the money you pay and the low mileage. After hearing many sob stories and bad times off friends who have bought second hand vehicles with "average mileage" it just put me off so after my first car (which was second hand, and did have problems) i only buy or lease new vehicles. Im not going to divulge what we got back off the 11k through tax refunds, buisiness vat refunds, expenses etc etc but if you have a vat registered business it makes sense trust me. I dont earn alot of money, but the money i do earn i like to have something for myself :) I dont have no wife or kids and my gf doesnt give me any trouble and thats the way i want it to stay but im not getting into that. As for showing off well im sorry if i drive a nice car, dont make me feel bad for it. I remember when my father bought his car and everyone instantly thought "show off" not "oh fair enough, he's grafted hard for it, he deserves it", i quote Jeremy Clarkson "Jealousy, is a cruel mistress". If i wanted to show off i would post pictures of it up which is what other forum members have done without mentioning names. I dont think posting HP and mpg figures is showing off, after all, isnt what this forum is about? Mpg, comparisons with other cars? Have one of you not just bought a nice bmw 335d? Over wear and tear, there was no wear and tear due to the low mileage. Nothing had to be replaced apart from what you have done under the service's which again cost nothing under the agreement, oh i apologise, and one tyre, hardly breaking the bank. The road tax was paid by toyota due to it being business contract hire.

I suggest people stop making sly insults and just appreciate that everyone has different circumstances. Largest reason why i have the money to pay for this car is because i have more dispensible income, largely due to the fact that i dont have kids or a whopping mortgage.

All i know is that i am now an expert on the power output and gear box type of a VW car and non the wiser on what is the solution to common Auris problems.

Listen, very happy for you and your father's circumstances. To quote the line "jealousy is a cruel mistress" tells me everything about you, I am not the first to react to your constant drones and I have not even come close to that person's level of "insults" thrown.

I think I will make my apologies now and withdraw myself from this as history is repeating itself, the old member dieseldrinker comes to mind.

Have fun all.