Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg Report

boozehound

Yes but diesel drinker slated the auris for everything going, im not, the t180 is a great car or was a great car should i say. I have just wanted to upgrade. jeeez

If i wanted to show off i would post pictures of it up which is what other forum members have done without mentioning names. I dont think posting HP and mpg figures is showing off, after all, isnt what this forum is about? Mpg, comparisons with other cars? Have one of you not just bought a nice bmw 335d? Over wear and tear, there was no wear and tear due to the low mileage. Nothing had to be replaced apart from what you have done under the service's which again cost nothing under the agreement, oh i apologise, and one tyre, hardly breaking the bank. The road tax was paid by toyota due to it being business contract hire.

I suggest people stop making sly insults and just appreciate that everyone has different circumstances. Largest reason why i have the money to pay for this car is because i have more dispensible income, largely due to the fact that i dont have kids or a whopping mortgage.

If you was referring to me I was not having a dig I just thought that you seemed to be loosing a lot of money on a car for how much you used it, I agree if you can afford nice things then why not have nice things.

When it comes to showing off may I remind you that you went to the trouble of doing an approx 8minute you tube video of your car and what you thought http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94179 I am not saying this is a problem but would like to add that you have done this.

Yes but diesel drinker slated the auris for everything going, im not, the t180 is a great car or was a great car should i say. I have just wanted to upgrade. jeeez

Boozehound - good on yer mate, I had a Mk5 Golf GTI with the same engine and dsg. My golf gave me 30mpg all day long in mixed running, the auris gives me 36mpg in exactly the same use. Its really, really poor for a diesel.

However, the Golf cost much much more than the Auris and wasnt much much better to drive.

Theres no two ways about it - the scirocco is a brilliant car and I may go for one next, although Im not going to pay a premium for the DSG, my Golf had the older version and it used to get confused in traffic. I think I will stick with the manual.

Mind you, the Auris is brilliant value second hand. 180bhp from a 1 year old family hatch costing me less than £11.5K is brilliant value.

all Im saying is, its horses for courses - why do people pay £130K plus for an aston which is worth £60k after a year? - because they want the aston and are prepared to pay the price! Exactly the same as you buying the VW - its the car you wanted and good luck to you, enjoy a brilliant car...

Andy

yes but i do believe i was stating the facts and figures of the car, not goin on the like saying "oh this car is just better than everything out there" etc etc, i even outlined its flaws lol

I picked up my 335d in the end yesterday :yahoo:

Pretty amazed really

Anyway its a 335d coupe, space grey with 19inch alloys and runflats. Not as bad as it sounds, seriously. Sat nav pro, idrive, heated seats, bluetooth, voice control, privacy glass, black gloss trim, leather, bmw assist, Ipod connection, thats pretty much it. 29k on the clock and all for 20,750

Believe it or not, the most surprising thing is the economy. 2 hour trip yesterday through town then onto dual carriageway then onto M1 then some more A roads and back to town produced 47mpg. To work this morning produced 46mpg after a reset, i'm pretty astounded 2bh.

Will see how it goes

//Also

The only thing i noticed between the t180 and this is, the t180 likes to sit around the 1.5k - 2k RPM mark. This ticks along, even uphill at between 1.2 and 1.4k RPM. Thats where the autobox decides to place the car. As it's an auto no dual mass flywheel or clutch to worry about so if the box is happy and the engine is happy i'm not complaining at what i think is pretty low rpm's.

Anyway its a 335d coupe, space grey with 19inch alloys and runflats. Not as bad as it sounds, seriously. Sat nav pro, idrive, heated seats, bluetooth, voice control, privacy glass, black gloss trim, leather, bmw assist, Ipod connection, thats pretty much it. 29k on the clock and all for 20,750

Nice, I had a test of a 335d coupe when they first came on the market and the price of my specced model was £38k.

I dread to think what this guy lost, at least 20k in 3 years.

I just can't bring myself to get finance on such a heavy depreciating asset.

old skool, sounds like a good un mate, what warantee deal did you get? Andy, thanks fella, the new sciroccos have 207hp engines now due to them having to be upgraded to meet euro V emissions levels, i know its only a 10 horsepower increase over the older 2.0 tsi engines but better than a slap in the face! i know what your saying. I used to average from warm about 30-31 mpg in the auris round suburbia, less from when cold and less (16.1) in the summer with the a/c on. I would rather have the extra power and use pretty much the same amount of petrol. The road tax is 245 quid a year, 70 quid extra than the auris but so what. The new dsg boxes fella are immense, im never looking back. People think im slating the auris, im not. It really is a good car and if you drive on the motorways it just eats them up.

Just extended the BMW warranty for £340 a year which is fully comprehensive cover (apart from things like wear and tear, tyres, pads, Battery, weather seals). Also includes 24hr emergency breakdown cover from BMW breakdown.

My tax went up a bit too. Its about £200 a year i think. Not bad i think.

not bad at all fella. My auris is still in a liverpool toyota dealership. They cant shift it apparently, dont know how because the mileage is extreamly low for a 3 year old car.

not bad at all fella. My auris is still in a liverpool toyota dealership. They cant shift it apparently, dont know how because the mileage is extreamly low for a 3 year old car.

They have only had your car approx 2 weeks so I would hardly say they are stuck with it, give them a chance ;)

its nothin to do with me anyway, i just want to know how much they flog it for. Ive got a mate who works in the servicin dept down there, hes keepin tabs for me

right here is my first mpg :)

I would remind you that this forum is TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB and as such your posts giving MPG figures for a VW are rather insignificant to many members on this forum.

Any further posts regarding MPG or performance figures pertaining to your VW will accordingly be removed as TOYOTA OWNERS on here have indicated that they do not wish to be informed about your VW on their TOYOTA forum :)

toyota owners you say? i believe it was just one person who directly indicated that they were not interested. And i was making a comparison with the auris 180, not just stating the mpg for the fun of it. There is a difference.

toyota owners you say? i believe it was just one person who directly indicated that they were not interested. And i was making a comparison with the auris 180, not just stating the mpg for the fun of it. There is a difference.

I have previously indicated on this thread that the VW forum might find your posts more relevant and interesting:

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/register.php

Maybe now is a good time to "Jump Ship" ;) :)

Maybe now is a good time to "Jump Ship" ;)

Yep a good time to move on and be in a like make forum to share similar interests and concerns.

This forum will still be here should you return to Toyota ownership

Best of luck with your new motor :D

How very bitter, and sorry Mr Admin, you have made the "toyota owners" who didnt agree with me up to two people, or should i say you did. What you seem to forget is that i had nothing but praise for the auris t180 and all my other previous toyota models. But the mpg was apalling in the t180, something i did try to get by with but for no longer.oh and might i add we were livin in a democracy last time i checked

oh and might i add we were livin in a democracy last time i checked

Not in a forum you dont :lol: Admin has the power to push the button :o

Kingo :thumbsup:

and it would be a shame for the admin staff to "push the button" on me after i have been a loyal toyota owner from 2002 to a couple of weeks ago.

Right, as your aware i recently defected to volkswagen and got a scirocco gt 210ps dsg etc etc blah blah blah.

Anyways, recently i have been cruising around sub-urbia like i used to do in the auris T180 i had. Well remember when i posted the topic about me achieving an absolutly dreadful 16mpg with the a/c on full blast? Well today i achieved 29mpg with the a/c on full blast in the scirocco. Not bad for a 207hp petrol. I do therefore now finally believe and conclude that diesel particulate technology zaps the diesel.

Hope this helps people with their next car choices.

:yawn: I think with conclusions like this it is unlikely it will help people with their next car choices...

move on... boring subject...can we just close this thread?

Anyway, i promised before that I was going to buy myself a 1000hp Bugatti Veyron and report back here in this post to discuss my MPG figure and compare it against the Auris.

Well here it is.

My 1000bhp Veyron quad turbo did 4.7mpg, this is comparatively better than my Auris because everybody knows that a diesel should achieve 7000mpg. I am very disappointed with my Auris and glad that the Veyron is such a cool car with quad turbo and no less than 12 radiators. This is superior in nearly every way compared to the diesel Auris, still I will be selling this in 2 weeks... actually i will be giving it back for nothing because that is what i do.

I hope this is helpful to you all, this forum is excellent so much so that all my fellow Veyron owners come here to get help beacuse that is what we do.

Hope it helps you all!

TOOT TOOT

cool we might have more Veyron users than Auris users ;) mind you can you help with winning lottery numbers as I could do with £10 for diesel

cool we might have more Veyron users than Auris users ;) mind you can you help with winning lottery numbers as I could do with £10 for diesel

Rick,

I promise to buy you a tank of diesel if i win the Euro Millions tonight. Thats fair right?!??!

Rick,

I promise to buy you a tank of diesel if i win the Euro Millions tonight. Thats fair right?!??!

And a ride in the Veyron before you give it back ;)

Anyway, i promised before that I was going to buy myself a 1000hp Bugatti Veyron and report back here in this post to discuss my MPG figure and compare it against the Auris.

Well here it is.

My 1000bhp Veyron quad turbo did 4.7mpg, this is comparatively better than my Auris because everybody knows that a diesel should achieve 7000mpg. I am very disappointed with my Auris and glad that the Veyron is such a cool car with quad turbo and no less than 12 radiators. This is superior in nearly every way compared to the diesel Auris, still I will be selling this in 2 weeks... actually i will be giving it back for nothing because that is what i do.

I hope this is helpful to you all, this forum is excellent so much so that all my fellow Veyron owners come here to get help beacuse that is what we do.

Hope it helps you all!

TOOT TOOT

Isn`t this Toyota forum great, I`ve been thinking of buying a Bugatti and apart form the mpg I was also wondering what the dealer after sales was like.

Does anyone have an authentic recipe for spaghetti bolognese ? :wacko: