Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 3 Year And Final Review..

SJandMR2

Well I will admit I don't post on here much these days for a few reasons but I felt I had to say a proper virtual farewell to my Aygo and give it my overall review in the place where my love for Aygos was founded and grew.

This was actually my second Aygo and I have it for the three full years and decided to hand it back at the end of the finance plan.

I LOVED this car to pieces and I will gladly admit to shedding a few tears and giving it a hug as I left the garage on Friday :(

It NEVER leaked once! Toyota Lister were always helpful and efficient if a tad over priced sometimes on replacement items.

It had a new clutch replacement at about two years but to be fair I was never that nice to the clutch. The pasltic bodywork meant the odd knock it had often came away undamaged.

It did 51,000 trouble free mile, any small issues I had common things, boot lid catch etc were always sorted quickly by toyota and were never troublesome again.

For every day driving it was brilliant for darting around a city, and sat comfortable and efficiently at motorway speeds.

I did a few cosmetic mods over the years..gear knob, licience plate surround, chrome ariel, door handles, got carried away with stickers at one point. And of course I did fit a 'V8' ;)

If I were to change anything about it I would have liked a seat belt adjuster being a shorty. And well if they ever made a 1.4+ version I would be first in the queue.

Also the fact that kept remaking the 'blue' was rubbish there should have been different colours and different editions!

It did get jibes which never bothered me, but direct negative comments from people who clearly did not understand the concept of the car (ie its a budget city car) did bug me somtimes.

I was even happy to pay the tax before I gave it back given it was only 20.00. Always a good comment to make when the petrol guzzlers take the piss. :lol:

Some of my favourite memories in my Aygo

First meet 07 @ Cadwell Track

aygocadwell.jpg

CAE 08 (at the back of all the 2's :lol: )

n507382127_659529_4319.jpg

JAE 08

IMGP0491.jpg

CAE 09

DSC_0238.jpg

JAE 09

DSC_0082.jpg

The V8 Conversion for Santa Pod ;)

DSC_0101.jpg

One of the many trips to Santa Pod

DSCF2256700-1-1.jpg

107oc National Meet 09

DSC_0203.jpg

Top Gear Track 09

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

Farewell Road trip across Europe to the Nurburgring 2010

NURBURG.jpg

This is just a handful of the meets, shows and road trips I have done in 51k miles of ownership. Enjoyed every single moment. :wub:

So that is three years over with :crybaby: I would reccomend this car to anyone and I think I have certainly unofficially sold a few for Toyota, there is now 4 on my street alone :lol: I would also reccomend taking it out and enjoying it as much as possible! :P

It's successor however is a MK1 Mr2, am already dreading the Tax bill :eek::lol:

And I really need to think of a new forum name :lol:

SJ xx

Thanks for the pics, and memories. :thumbsup:

Its all kinda brings back memories of my Fiat club days, and how I won Second place in the Concours. The Fiat club was good, wlecoming and friendly. Always remember the day I got invited to a club menebers house for a barbecue in London. I m from Scotland,a nd altought that was 13 years ago. I do sometimes regret selling my Fiat Cinquecento Sporting. They`re hardly any left now!

Just like to say, good look with your next new car, but its people like you who make a club a "club". Like I ve said. I was a memeber of the Peugeot, and Fiat Club. This club is a bit lacking in membership participation. You only get a few people on here asking basic questions when something goes wrong, and there`s no input of contribution from them.

Farewell ex-member, and hope the road is less bumpy in your new ride. lol.

P.s My Aygo never leaked too. :yahoo:

i have to say Aygoironman that while u may think this club is basic for some peole like myself it has been a great source of info as i am keen to extend my knowledge of cars etc if this forum started talikng about more in depth stuff i think it wd have put me off as it is the subjects are simple and any time i have a question i always get a good reply so i dont think there cd be a lack of memebership participation

i have to say Aygoironman that while u may think this club is basic for some peole like myself it has been a great source of info as i am keen to extend my knowledge of cars etc if this forum started talikng about more in depth stuff i think it wd have put me off as it is the subjects are simple and any time i have a question i always get a good reply so i dont think there cd be a lack of memebership participation

Hey, thanks for your input! Wow, a contribution lol :yahoo: However please dont twist what I ve given as an opinion. I never said the site was "basic". I mentioned it was lacking in something (e.g member participation, etc)............and here it is, like everyone else. I ll saything more :lol:

Good write up SJ :thumbsup:

Good luck with your mr2.................Like the new forum name! ;)