Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Avensis Audio System

anny

Hi all

I have been searching the Internet for some answers about the audio system in my 2007 avensis. I have found out that it is a Panasonic W58832.

I want to listen to mp3 from my mp3player using the car stereo. I have seen the xcarlink, but I need a simpler (cheaper) sollution.

What I thought was that it should be a aux-input connector at the back of the stereo, but I havent been able to find any manual or technical data about the W58832. I thought if it were such pins at the back, I could make a connector that fits and hide the 3,5 mm jack in the glove compartment or such.

Does anybody here know if there is "AUX-pins" at the back or point me in the right direction?

Sorry for my bad english.

Have you thought about an FM transmitter? I use one in my car and it works a treat, the more you spend the better the audio!

Mike

Does your radio allow you to play mp3s from a disc ?

I not got any idea of the time you spend in your vehicle but a disc full of mp3s last ages and if played on the normal car radio sounds cool.

Assuming your radio allows mp3 play, i am thinking it would be cheaper than going into further expenses changing the already provided sound system, a new blank disc is around 30p each and with a little know how your fav music could be put to disc and it only takes about 7 mins to make a full disc of music.

Have you thought about an FM transmitter? I use one in my car and it works a treat, the more you spend the better the audio!

Mike

Yes, I have one but the quality isn't that great (a lot of interference and hissing noise) but I didn't spend much on it. Another thing is that I want to be able to charge my phone/mp3 player while listening to mp3.

Does your radio allow you to play mp3s from a disc ?

I not got any idea of the time you spend in your vehicle but a disc full of mp3s last ages and if played on the normal car radio sounds cool.

Assuming your radio allows mp3 play, i am thinking it would be cheaper than going into further expenses changing the already provided sound system, a new blank disc is around 30p each and with a little know how your fav music could be put to disc and it only takes about 7 mins to make a full disc of music.

Yes I can play dvds with mp3 on it, put as you guys may read in my first post, I am searching for info about AUX-in, not CDs/DVDs/fm-transpitters/bluetooth-transmitters/etc. but thanks for the suggestions :rolleyes:

Hi again,

I work for G4S driving across Wales and the North West and spend about 7 hours actual driving, I dont have many problems with the transmitter and have my music on very loud. Its not as clear as a aux or wired connection but does only have a slight hiss now and again, not enough to wind me up. This is the FM transmitter that I use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-6190-TRPAUTOS-Transmitter-Charger-Smartscan/dp/B000WKPHHO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275930502&sr=1-5

I used to use a connector harlem unit that controls the iPod and thats allot better, can be wired into a AUX or FM ariel connection but my advice would be to go to Halfords or a audio centre and have a look at all the different options! There are so many different options its worth a look!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links