Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Door Mirror

balli hi

Hi guys , just a quick one.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change only the glass on my door mirror on its own , i seem to remember quite some time ago someone raising the same question but can't quite remember the outcome , although something tells me that i won't simply be able to replace the glass alone and that this is going to turn out to be expensive .

Got my door mirror whacked by a car travelling in the opposite direction while i was stationary in traffic today :ffs: needless to say they didn't stop , just carried on going at speed , so now the mirror on my drivers door is cracked , the rest of the unit is fine though .

35 views and not one reply :rolleyes: However , i am informed today by my local dealer that the mirror can be replaced separate from the rest of the unit as long as there is no damage to the mirror casing , the price for the mirror alone is approximately ........£40 :eek: , not cheap but better than having to Shell out for a complete unit :yes:

35 views and not one reply :rolleyes: However , i am informed today by my local dealer that the mirror can be replaced separate from the rest of the unit as long as there is no damage to the mirror casing , the price for the mirror alone is approximately ........£40 :eek: , not cheap but better than having to shell out for a complete unit :yes:

try Halfords the have loads of different patterns of mirror glass and it ill be a lot cheaper.

Halfords didn't store Toyota mirrors last time I checked. If you need only glass you can use Yaris one- it is the same. You can buy glass or glass+ plastic housing on eBay.

Halfords didn't store Toyota mirrors last time I checked. If you need only glass you can use Yaris one- it is the same. You can buy glass or glass+ plastic housing on ebay.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Any idea on correct procedure how to remove and refit the glass ?

If you want to remove it with plastic fixing then use something flat as a lever and it should pop off from the housing. Then disconnect the heater cable.

You can also use just a glass and simply stick it to the old, broken mirror.

Price is right for a non heated mirror, they have a plastic plate on the back of the glass with some lugs on that pull away from the backing, it can be a pain to fit/remove as you are often frightened of breaking the new glass if its tight :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Price is right for a non heated mirror, they have a plastic plate on the back of the glass with some lugs on that pull away from the backing, it can be a pain to fit/remove as you are often frightened of breaking the new glass if its tight :eek:

That's exactly why i asked the question on Correct procedure on removing but more importantly re-fitting , on one of my previous cars ( not a Toyota ) i went through 2 replacements before the 3rd one clicked into place without breaking , fortunately it was a long time ago and the replacement part was no where near £40 , at £40 i need to make sure i get it right first time , having said that i will explore Greg-P's advice and check out eBay as to cost of a replacement .

That's exactly why i asked the question on Correct procedure on removing but more importantly re-fitting , on one of my previous cars ( not a Toyota ) i went through 2 replacements before the 3rd one clicked into place without breaking , fortunately it was a long time ago and the replacement part was no where near £40 , at £40 i need to make sure i get it right first time , having said that i will explore Greg-P's advice and check out eBay as to cost of a replacement .

It cost me £55 and it was original Toyota part.

The same thing happened to me and I couldn't be bothered looking, so i gave my dealership a call, gave my reg number and got the replacement part the same day.

The £55 gets you the heated mirror, steep yes but I am impatient and didn't like the fact i had no mirror!

The old mirror will need levering out, the new mirror literally pops into the housing, and yes this is after you attached the heating element wiring.

Dont panic, it is easy and it will all come to you after you have seen how it fits.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links