Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Wrong With My Rav?

barking mad

Started off loosing power at about 40mph but would recover and drive normally. Then the windows and and sunroof decide not to work (except drivers window??). Tonight Battery was flat! Could all these problems be linked? I tow a caravan could this problem be linked to towing? The RAV seemed to get worse whilst towing and after towing.

Started off loosing power at about 40mph but would recover and drive normally. Then the windows and and sunroof decide not to work (except drivers window??). Tonight battery was flat! Could all these problems be linked? I tow a caravan could this problem be linked to towing? The RAV seemed to get worse whilst towing and after towing.

Hi and welcome.

If you update your profile with your vehicle information it will help our technical types better advise you :thumbsup:

As a starting point, are you sure your towing electrics are sound?

Thanks for the welcome. Had a problem with towing electrics about a month ago when two pins shorted in the plug and blew the break lights. I changed the fuse and everything has been ok since, except the off side rear window stopped working for a couple of days afterwards.

Caravan electrics had caused a short which affected the alternator., this in turn cooked the Battery. The EMS shut down non critical systems such as sun roof, heater, A/C and windows. Lack of power and speedo not working was caused a faulty speed censor. All sorted now, Rav now back to its old reliable self.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links