Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Transmission

eileenh

no fault codes are recorded in computer and from cold the car run ok once warm the kick down facility and 4th gear do not operate.3rd gear is engaged with bang transmission oil level is correct and oil quality is good

no fault codes are recorded in computer and from cold the car run ok once warm the kick down facility and 4th gear do not operate.3rd gear is engaged with bang transmission oil level is correct and oil quality is good

hello mate

if it runs ok at cold condition it definetely confirms good oil level - ok what is then you can only drive on 3rd gear. whether shift lever remains on 3rd or 4th? may be it is still fixed in 3rd but you think it is in 4th ??? both positions are close to each other (it is my guess).

normally an A/T system has own liquid heat exchanger (cooler) that is cooled by engine coolant. in case the coolant themp is in order confirming no any alerts on the dashboard then an A/T liquid cooling system is in order subject to no steam pockets belong to the cooliing system. now we have only one unknown issue with 4th gear drive. if my gues would be confirmed by you with osition of shift lever then the most probable issue might be either with 4th gear control clutch solenoid or el control system fault giving a sygnal to this solenoid and after to the clutch to compress friction discs. Cheers/Igor

• 2 months later...

Hi

Is this an Automatic ?

Mike

hi mike

yes it is automatic

If your RAV4 was produced 2001/2002/2003, then you are having a problem with the ECM/computer, which malfunctions and then destroys your gearbox.In many cases no code was found, just abnormal jerking when changing gears, loss of acceleration and engine light on the dashboard. Mine only started malfunctioning after a half an hour drive. See my post Toyota reimburses ... in the USA. If by now you have paid for a new ECM/solenoids/gear box, please let me know as I am looking for Rav4 owners in Europe so that we can put presure on Toyota to pay for our expences as well

Hi

How do I find parts king ?

Mike

Normally in a pie shop near the English/Welsh border :lol:

eileenh

I think I'd get the car checked out - as per comments above, you don't want a wrecked gearbox. It could be as igormus said or the ecu controlling the gearbox/engine ...or something simple.

good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links