Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking When Trying To Start 1.8 Vvti

airconuk

I have an 04 reg avensis with the 1.8vvti, its done about 90k. Today when i tried to start the engine i just heard continuous clicking, i thought it would probably be the starter solenoid clicking on and off or a relay somewhre. I kept trying it but all i heard was continuous rapid clicking. I then gave it a few min and tried again and it starts just fine. Any ideas what could be up? is it normal for starter solenoids to fail at 90k? also if not the solenoid what relay could it be? Thanks

I have an 04 reg avensis with the 1.8vvti, its done about 90k. Today when i tried to start the engine i just heard continuous clicking, i thought it would probably be the starter solenoid clicking on and off or a relay somewhre. I kept trying it but all i heard was continuous rapid clicking. I then gave it a few min and tried again and it starts just fine. Any ideas what could be up? is it normal for starter solenoids to fail at 90k? also if not the solenoid what relay could it be? Thanks

hello mate

you ve issue with primer solenoid due to lack of maintenance or Battery flat.

have both inspected to see where to go.

Cheers/Igor

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

Hi, thanks, i know for a fact its a good Battery, only 2 months old and it starts just fine when it does start...

sorry for being naieve, but whats a primer solenoid?, never heard of it.. is it just a starter solenoid..

Thanks

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

Hi, thanks, i know for a fact its a good Battery, only 2 months old and it starts just fine when it does start...

sorry for being naieve, but whats a primer solenoid?, never heard of it.. is it just a starter solenoid..

Thanks

re primer solenoid -- this one is responsible to turn ON the main starter el motor contacts via folk frame inside.

cheers/igor

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

Thanks

re primer solenoid -- this one is responsible to turn ON the main starter el motor contacts via folk frame inside.

cheers/igor

Cheers Igor,

ive always just called that the starter solenoid, never knew the proper name was primer solenoid. Thanks. Will take a look at it on the weekend.

hello mate

Cheers/Igor

yes it definetely needs to be greased to have smooth slidiing of its stem inside the coil bush!!!

Good Luck

Igor

Thanks

cheers/igor

Cheers Igor,

ive always just called that the starter solenoid, never knew the proper name was primer solenoid. Thanks. Will take a look at it on the weekend.

It will be the starter ignition switch on the back of the ignition key, Avensis are famous for it ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

It will be the starter ignition switch on the back of the ignition key, Avensis are famous for it ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

As Kingo says for my money

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links