Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's Taken Their Leak-Free Aygo Through A Car Wash?

AYGOgummy

Okay, so who's taken their leak-free Aygo through a car wash? Did it remain completely watertight?

I was just thinking... might take it through the car wash (or jet wash it, maybe) and then treat it afterwards with the polish etc. Also, I know car washes supposedly scratch your car... anyone noticed this to any great extent?

Cheers :)

i had my Aygo black scratched at a car wash not long ago all over the bonnet i was none to happy but after a small amount of brasso and some elbow grease it sorted it but it defenitly has put me off using a car wash again

Okay, so who's taken their leak-free Aygo through a car wash? Did it remain completely watertight?

I was just thinking... might take it through the car wash (or jet wash it, maybe) and then treat it afterwards with the polish etc. Also, I know car washes supposedly scratch your car... anyone noticed this to any great extent?

Not taken our Aygo through a car wash and nor will I....

I have only used them on a hand full of occassions but they never do a proper job and scratches and marks have been left - some of them quite nasty. I guess the hand car washes may be better (the ones that increase in number in direct proportion to the rate of population increase!!). There is one near me which is reputedly very good. All things being equal though, I would still prefer to wash my car myself.

As for jet washing the Aygo......I'm not too sure. Ours has sshown no sign of leaking in the heavyish rain we had over the last few days. I would just be worried about forcing water past the seals. I guess you could jetwash the lower body and keep the lance away from the door seals?

Rich

Yes car washes seriously scratch up the paint, putting in thousands and thousands of micro scratched to STAY AWAY!!! They have ruined the paint/shine on one car and I would much rather have a dirty car than put it through one of those. :yes:

A jet wash doesn't seem to great either, I always wash cars by hand and that's it, just take your time to get the perfect finish when you can.

Well since my Aygo was scratched {and it was at a hand car wash} not a jet wash i now wash my car by hand its not that big a car to wash and plus it gives u the chance to look and see the body work etc is ok

Well since my Aygo was scratched {and it was at a hand car wash} not a jet wash i now wash my car by hand its not that big a car to wash and plus it gives u the chance to look and see the body work etc is ok

car washers an vary in their quality, the one in my local bp garage is very good and the brushes are very soft.

have cleaned fords,vw,rover and lexus,(not all mine) no sign of marks,yes they all miss little bits but no problem.

my son has his lexus hand washed and no complaints.

but a friend of mine had sworl marks on his paintwork after a hand wash.

i have my own pressure washer but use it mostly under wings etc. you can force water into places you dont want if not careful.

I was thinking about going to a car wash (I do normally wash it completely myself) basically to clean the underside of the car to get the salt off from the last few months etc. The only automatic car wash I would go to would be Arc, as their brushes are pretty soft and there's various options. But I've often thought about the All American Car Wash (and, as you say, all the others that seem to be springing up all over the place!). But then I'd rather hand-wash it myself. Perhaps I'll just tackle the arches and underside with the jet wash and avoid the big car washes ;)

I regularly jet wash mine at home and still no leaks, it's all good :D

If your car doesn't leak currently then a car wash is unlikely to change that, however if you are concerned, check to see if it has the additional door seals fitted and the condition.

I agree with the OP on the ARC washes - they are the only ones I use too over and above the standard ones.

I ve taken my car through several jet washes, and has NEVER leaked! My brother has a Aygo MMT registered 2009, and thast not leaking either.

Taking the Aygo through a car wash? Not a goot idea. Not keen on the idea of hard plastic bristles slapping against paint work.

Had bird !Removed! land on my car, and tried to clean it off next day, but noticed the acidity has left a mark on the lacquer! If bird !Removed! can do that to your paint. Imagine what those plastic bristles will do.

What do bristles do? They may swirl marks! (In a Bruce Forsyth voice)lol :yahoo:

Okay, so who's taken their leak-free Aygo through a car wash?

Living in the North-East of Scotland with seagulls, pigeons and salty air, I take my leak-free Aygo through both self-service jet-washes and (more rarely) automatic car-washes on a fairly frequent basis and it remains leak free.

If I do use an automatic wash, I try to find one that has new-looking brushes to minimise scratches. I find that Arc is pretty good.

Thanks guys, might stick with just jet-washing the underside/arches/alloys etc. Been through Arc in other cars a few times and the brushes definitely aren't as harsh as standard automated car washes... the Arc by us has just had its brushes renewed in fact and they look completely different.

Mine doesn't have the additional door seals fitted, yet it's never leaked. And I've used the home jet-wash on it once before and it was fine - only sprinkled the car with it though really. Hmm. Anyway thanks for the tips/experiences :D

We also have a Polish hand wash firm where at least six guys hand wash, rinse and dry the car.

Then you move to another shed and four Polish ladies detail the inside and damn are they good looking.

I love watching them suck... my carpets clean and buff up my brightwork drool.gif

And the best of all is it onlt costs £ 15.00 and takes twenty minutes... Heaven thumbsup.gif

We also have a Polish hand wash firm where at least six guys hand wash, rinse and dry the car.

Then you move to another shed and four Polish ladies detail the inside and damn are they good looking.

I love watching them suck... my carpets clean and buff up my brightwork drool.gif

And the best of all is it onlt costs £ 15.00 and takes twenty minutes... Heaven thumbsup.gif

£15! I d rather do it myself!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links