Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport Reversing Beeper

Corolla Glynn

Does anybody know if the tsport reverse and seat belt beeper can be turned off via the ecu?

I know the alternative is to disconnect it but I assume its buried somewhere behind the dash/instrument binnacle?Or maybe the switch on the selector but I bet thats part of the reverse light switch!

Glynn

Does anybody know if the tsport reverse and seat belt beeper can be turned off via the ecu?

I know the alternative is to disconnect it but I assume its buried somewhere behind the dash/instrument binnacle?Or maybe the switch on the selector but I bet thats part of the reverse light switch!

Glynn

I dont know how but the seat belt bleeper in mine doesnt beep, my stepdad had the car before me and he disabled it but i have never been able ot stop the silly reverse one or the one that tells you the keys are in the ignition.

Gotta be honest would not disable the reverse one it is there for a reason and the reason is safety, what if you thought you were in reverse and shot forward and killed a granny.

• 4 months later...
"Gotta be honest would not disable the reverse one it is there for a reason and the reason is safety, what if you thought you were in reverse and shot forward and killed a granny."

To be honest, not many cars have a continuous beep in reverse and how many poeple do you see hitting grannies? Only idiots really.

I'd also like to know how to disbale the reverse gear beeping sound on the tsport. Does anybody know where the beep comes from? Is it the same speaker as the ignition key sounds etc.?

It's pretty obvious to me that when I push the shift lever all the way to the left + up, and feel the selector cable moving across to the reverse gear... i'm in reverse... I don't need an annoying beeping sound to keep telling me!

Only idiots really!

Sounds like there are a few on here.

Only idiots really!

that reverse beeper saved me a lot of hassle on the first day i got my compressor - at the lights, i stalled (new car and all that), tried to start up again quick and dump into first before getting a move on, but i hit reverse and if it wasn't for the warning beeper, the guy in the focus st behind me would have got a face-full of airbag...

The beep is there for a reason, because 1st gear and reverse gear are very close.

Its a safety feature that shouldn't be turned off along with the seatbelt beep

An to be fair it annoys most people, but how much do you actually reverse? once to park at home and once again to park where ever your going? for a max of 10 seconds??

indeed, i wouldn't want it turned off, if anything, maybe made a little quieter.

It is annoying but i live with it, saying that tho all you can do is advise people but at the end of the day they will make the decision themselves.

On the pfl the speaker for the beeper is located on the back of the instrument cluster, you cant disconnect it as its built into the cluster.

Not sure about the f/l though.

On the pfl the speaker for the beeper is located on the back of the instrument cluster, you cant disconnect it as its built into the cluster.

Not sure about the f/l though.

Well you can always open up the rear casing on the instrument cluster and attack the speaker connections with a soldering iron ;) It's preyy easy to get the casing open as well.

Only idiots really!

that reverse beeper saved me a lot of hassle on the first day i got my compressor - at the lights, i stalled (new car and all that), tried to start up again quick and dump into first before getting a move on, but i hit reverse and if it wasn't for the warning beeper, the guy in the focus st behind me would have got a face-full of airbag...

Well said :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

so is there any outcome of where the buzzer is actually located as its a really hard noise to distinguish where it is actually coming from. i had the bottom half of the dash out yesterday and cant work out where it is, think its from the clocks

Gotta be honest would not disable the reverse one it is there for a reason and the reason is safety, what if you thought you were in reverse and shot forward and killed a granny.

this

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links