Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Like To Purchase A Toyota Prius In Uk

Herman HCC

Hello all,

This is my first post and I'm going to know more about Toyota Prius before I buy. I would like to know any car owners can let me know how the Prius it is say what you feel about your car Toyota Prius? I am current owned a Ford Fiesta, is anyone owned a petrol/diesel car for his/her first car, then start change the mind to Toyota Prius when you buy your next car? Why? I would consider the advantage of fuel save which can save my pocket.

And I like the interior design and functional buttons, anybody agree that the capacity is suitable to family people? Tell me more about your experience who owned a Prius because I would concern to using my left foot to control the hand brake. Finally any other comments about your Prius?

Thanks

Herman

welcome to the site

I did alot of my research here

I got 84 days and 16 hours until i get mine ;) i am sure u will get a mostly warm welcome and theres few people on here that helped me alot with sort Thur the prius stuff:)

We used to drive Volvos but the cost of road tax, petrol, servicing, and regular consumables like decent tyres just made it extremely expensive.

I think the hybrid system technology has been well proven now as the system has been around over 10 years, and six years for the UK Prius. The system just works without you needing to worry about it, though not having coolant temp sensors, rev counters etc seems a bit strange when compared to conventional cars.

The gears system is extremely easy to get used to - we used to drive manuals and were a bit wary of changing to an automatic, but it makes town driving so easy.

The foot handbrake takes some feeling around for the first few times but then becomes second nature.

In terms of load carrying, it will never match a Volvo estate, but is enough for a family even fully loaded, and takes two weeks worth of family shopping easily complete with wife and kids.

Moving from a Fiesta to a Prius will be like moving from a one bedroom flat to a Penthouse Apartment! Especially for those in the back, as there is so much legroom.

The foot handbrake is a quirk but quickly becomes second nature as does the start up and switch off routines. I wanted to upgrade my 1999 Corrola, and I felt the Prius in shape was the more spiritual successor to that design when compared with the final European Corrola and succesor Auris which are both too short and wide for my liking. Therefore as the Avensis was too big, and I wanted to keep with the best brand that I have ever owned, the Prius was the natural choice. If they continue making Prius's as long as they did Corolla's(and still are in the US) then I don't think I will own any other model of car.

We choose the Prius purely because of its size in the class, more interior space than an A4 Estate or Golf or Focus...More akin to a Mondeo on the inside but without the stupid raised bit in the back...

Don't worry about the footbrake, and Mercedes since BC has had one and has today, as do many, many other cars....My BMW 7's had one, my wife's Nissan Murano had one...It is just not an issue and actually very handy...

Having just gone from a Mk4 mondeo to a Prius, I can definitely say that there is more legroom in the rear that in the mondeo, the seats are more comfortable too. Compared to a 2.0 TDCi Automatic, the Prius didn't feel as nippy at first, then I discovered the "PWR" button. In power mode it actually feels more responsive than the Mondeo. It also does twice as many mpg, costs £0 per year in VED and is a lower insurance group.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just gone from a Mk4 mondeo to a Prius, I can definitely say that there is more legroom in the rear that in the mondeo, the seats are more comfortable too. Compared to a 2.0 TDCi Automatic, the Prius didn't feel as nippy at first, then I discovered the "PWR" button. In power mode it actually feels more responsive than the Mondeo. It also does twice as many mpg, costs £0 per year in VED and is a lower insurance group.

A Mondeo diesel automatic? Comparing rear legroom between two cars, Hmmm, you're not a taxi driver as well are you?

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum!

I have had 1 corolla, 3 carina's and 3 avensis. Now I have a 2 year old Prius and frankly it's the best car yet!

If you're not sure, hire one fora day, you will sell your Fiesta before 3 pm!!!

The car is a dream to drive - so simple and relaxing.

As for the foot operated handbrake, I must admit to hardly ever using it! :o Once the car is in 'P' it is held on the gearbox. The parking brake just gives that bit extra confidence when you are on a slope!

When it comes to hill-starts, you have the "hill start assist" which keeps the footbrake on for a few seconds, giving you time to get your foot from the footbrake and on to the accelerator.... a bit unnerving the first time you try it, but you soon come to realise that the car won't roll backwards!

Oh yes, and the (lack of) road tax and fuel-economy are great!

A Mondeo diesel automatic? Comparing rear legroom between two cars, Hmmm, you're not a taxi driver as well are you?

i had a 54 plate mondeo auto as a taxi for a bit :) nice car but gearbox failed so had to go :( did about 37 MPG

i had a 54 plate mondeo auto as a taxi for a bit :) nice car but gearbox failed so had to go :( did about 37 MPG

No I'm not a taxi driver, but I was suprised when I sat in the back and saw that the shorter Prius had loads more rear legroom. My Mondeo used to do 31mpg summer and 28mpg winter on my short commute to work, currently I'm doing around 58mpg (summer obviously)on the same journey in the Prius and have yet to see what it will do in the winter.

No I'm not a taxi driver, but I was suprised when I sat in the back and saw that the shorter Prius had loads more rear legroom. My Mondeo used to do 31mpg summer and 28mpg winter on my short commute to work, currently I'm doing around 58mpg (summer obviously)on the same journey in the Prius and have yet to see what it will do in the winter.

ABout the same sort of figures I used to get out of a Peugeot 406 in town. Now I get 48-50 mpg round town which is fantastic for my job. I save enough to almost cover the cars payments!

When you get your car serviced make sure they use the correct 0w20 oil and not overfil it. You'll know if they have as the car will run pants and your economy will go down. Same applies to tyres - I found if you replace with none eco tyres you'll lose a little more economy too.

Love the car and the money it saves me.