Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Remove Headlight

Masterclub

Hi

This is a follow up to a previous post, (http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111275)

I would like to remove the osf headlight so I can access and disable the alarm which goes off at random intervals. Can anyone post maybe a copy if the relevant page from the manual (or where I could get a copy of the manual) (1999 CDX Avensis Estate) of tell me clearly what are the stages I need to go through

Also if I do unplug this alarm is there any situation in which I could unknowingly disable the vehicle in the future and be unable to run it. I just want to know what the issues could be in advance

Many thanks

I did this yesterday.

You have to remove 2 screws you can see on the top of the headlight, the electric connector at the back, there is a hidden 3rd screw you can find when you remove the section of black plastic on top of the grill.

There is a clip under the headlight holding it down, you should be able to wiggle it out of this, well thats what I did.

Then pull out the side light which will give you room to get out the main light. The siren is an off white cylinder beneath it, just disconnect the lead that plugs into it.

This will set the alarm off but its obviously going to be silent.

My car started ok after I did this but im having intermittant starting issues at the moment but this was present before I did this.

If you do get hold of a manual pdf please can you contact me as I would love a copy.

I did this yesterday.

You have to remove 2 screws you can see on the top of the headlight, the electric connector at the back, there is a hidden 3rd screw you can find when you remove the section of black plastic on top of the grill.

There is a clip under the headlight holding it down, you should be able to wiggle it out of this, well thats what I did.

Then pull out the side light which will give you room to get out the main light. The siren is an off white cylinder beneath it, just disconnect the lead that plugs into it.

My car started ok after I did this but im having intermittant starting issues at the moment but this was present before I did this.

If you do get hold of a manual pdf please can you contact me as I would love a copy.

Thanks for that I will have a go myself this weekend

I did this yesterday.

Thanks for that I will have a go myself this weekend

I have just managed to sort this out so a big thank you.