Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wellies To Recharge Mobile Phones

Raistlin

83E649DE7F68CC4D5C41CCB786BD.jpg

Mobile phone users need not fear running out of power at this summer's festivals thanks to the launch of wellies that can recharge your handset.

The hi-tech boots convert heat created by the feet into an electrical current using a unique "power-generating sole".

Orange created the wellies with the help of renewable energy experts GotWind and will showcase them at the Glastonbury Festival, which it sponsors, later this month.

Twelve hours of stomping through the event, infamous for its muddy setting, will produce enough power from the Orange Power Wellies to power a mobile phone for one hour.

But the makers recommend taking the boots to the dance tents as the hotter your feet get, the more energy they create.

Dave Pain, managing director at GotWind, said: "Wellies are now the staple festival footwear and the Orange Power Wellies not only keep you dry but they also provide a crucial eco-electricity source."

Andrew Pearcey, head of sponsorship at Orange UK, said: "Orange remain loyal to the green ethos of the Glastonbury Festival and are committed to researching exciting new energy sources that can be used on site to ensure people can stay in touch with their nearest and dearest.

"The Orange Power Wellies use clean and renewable energy to create valuable electricity, ensuring festival-goers can text and phone their mates for the duration of the weekend."

Previous eco-friendly festival innovations by Orange include a foot pump which created electricity and a charger which sourced power from a person as they danced.

:eek: Probably work best if you spend the length of time used in reading this , dancing in Bullsh1t :sneaky2::laughing:

eek.gif Probably work best if you spend the length of time used in reading this , dancing in Bullsh1t sneaky2.giflaughing.gif

Seriously, it's a piezo electric pad in the base of the boot, I had a set in a pair of trainers that I used to stalk ladies in the rain, the Police charged me and put me in a dry cell... eek.gif

eek.gif Probably work best if you spend the length of time used in reading this , dancing in Bullsh1t sneaky2.giflaughing.gif

Seriously, it's a piezo electric pad in the base of the boot, I had a set in a pair of trainers that I used to stalk ladies in the rain, the Police charged me and put me in a dry cell... eek.gif

Do they have wet cells then ?? :blink: :D

Do they have wet cells then ?? blink.gifbiggrin.gif

Only in Leclanche, a damp area in France laugh.gif

I know/guessed :D I just couldn't resist the comment-no control over my mind :help:

I know/guessed biggrin.gif I just couldn't resist the comment-no control over my mind helpsmilie.gif

Couldn't resist...

Surely not you eek.gif

Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.

I know/guessed biggrin.gif I just couldn't resist the comment-no control over my mind helpsmilie.gif

Couldn't resist...

Surely not you eek.gif

Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.

That'll be the day :wacko: You wouldn't want to see the maelstrom that is my mind, at the moment ! :blink:

That'll be the day wacko.gif You wouldn't want to see the maelstrom that is my mind, at the moment ! blink.gif

Sorry I missed this earlier.

What's up chicken, why are you in such mental turmoil ?unsure.gif

That'll be the day wacko.gif You wouldn't want to see the maelstrom that is my mind, at the moment ! blink.gif

Sorry I missed this earlier.

What's up chicken, why are you in such mental turmoil ?unsure.gif

Can't explain :( But I can see the "carrot at the end of the tunnel" :D quoting our intelligent footballers :wacko: I hope there isn't an ass, as in donkey, attached to the carrot :lol:

That is where you are going wrong, Kynan :rolleyes:

It isn't a carrot that you are supposed to use. :nono:

Birds & Bees............Book 1 :laughing:

It isn't a carrot that you are supposed to use.

I have to say carrot, "The Beast" just sounds to dominating, as close to the truth as it may be. ;) :D

I have to say carrot, "The Beast" just sounds to dominating, as close to the truth as it may be. ;) :D

2 oos in that to [to dominating,] :naughty::sneaky2::spiteful::laughing:

That is where you are going wrong, Kynan rolleyes.gif

Birds & Bees............Book 1 laughing.gif

I have to say carrot, "The Beast" just sounds to dominating, as close to the truth as it may be. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Too dominating.. I think not, but be very careful as this is where the big boys hang out eek.gif

I know how to spell it and where to use the words to too and two, you will often find that I go to type it but I don't quite tap the button the second time round. I type quickly. ;)

No need to be careful, especially when you are the bloke swinging the biggest stick. :rolleyes: :P :lol:

I know how to spell it and where to use the words to too and two, you will often find that I go to type it but I don't quite tap the button the second time round. I type quickly. wink.gif

No need to be careful, especially when you are the bloke swinging the biggest stick. rolleyes.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

I type fast but I have this special tool that stops most of my mistakes...

A Brain :D

I know how to spell it and where to use the words to too and two, you will often find that I go to type it but I don't quite tap the button the second time round. I type quickly. ;)

No need to be careful, especially when you are the bloke swinging the biggest stick. :rolleyes: :P :lol:

And Too ? :lol:

Always with the lame excuses :eek: :fishyface: :laughing:

I know how to spell it and where to use the words to too and two, you will often find that I go to type it but I don't quite tap the button the second time round. I type quickly. wink.gif

No need to be careful, especially when you are the bloke swinging the biggest stick. rolleyes.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

A Brain :D

Feel free to supply some evidence as to the existence of this wonderful tool, that you claim you have. ;) Anyone who could find one in that head of yours is no genius, they'd be a bloody miracle worker! :P ;)

A Brain biggrin.gif

Feel free to supply some evidence as to the existence of this wonderful tool, that you claim you have. wink.gif Anyone who could find one in that head of yours is no genius, they'd be a bloody miracle worker! tongue.gifwink.gif

Oh Bless, Remember sticks and stones Will break your bones....:D